English-born Paul Green qualifies to play international football for the Republic of Ireland through a grandparent. His performances for Derby County FC in the English Championship earned the midfielder a place in Giovanni Trapattoni's team for the opening four matches of the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying campaign.
• Made a successful start to his career with Doncaster Rovers FC, winning two successive promotions, from the non-league Conference to League One (third tier), in 2002/03 and 2003/04.
• Remained with the Yorkshire club for four more seasons, all of them in League One, and departed in style after a promotion play-off victory over Leeds United AFC at Wembley.
• Scored 33 goals in 277 appearances for Doncaster before joining Derby on a three-year contract in 2008.
• Established himself straight away as a key figure in the Derby midfield and was rewarded with his first international cap in a friendly at home to Paraguay on 25 May 2010; three days later he scored his first goal for Ireland in a 3-0 win over Algeria and was selected to start each of the first four UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers.
• His 2010/11 season was cut short when he sustained serious knee ligament damage while playing for Derby in early April 2011; he did not return to action until mid-November, thus missing the closing stages of Ireland's successful UEFA EURO 2012 campaign.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 04/05/2014 04:09 CET|
|06.02.2013||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Republic of Ireland||2-0||Poland||44||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Sweden||0-0||Republic of Ireland||90||0||0|
|26.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Republic of Ireland||2-2||Austria||7||0||0|
|14.08.2013||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Wales||0-0||Republic of Ireland||30||0||0|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Austria||1-0||Republic of Ireland||90||0||0|
|15.11.2013||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||Republic of Ireland||3-0||Latvia||9||0||0|
|Republic of Ireland||5||0|