A powerful front runner who has enjoyed a new lease of life in Russia with FC Dinamo Moskva, Andriy Voronin is set to bring his vast experience to bear on Ukraine's UEFA EURO 2012 effort. Although his international goal tally is modest, his physical presence and energy are valuable assets.
• Born and bred in Odessa, he left for Germany at the age of 16 to launch his career with VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach, scoring his first Bundesliga goal on 2 May 1998 in a 5-2 home win against FC Hansa Rostock.
• Relegated with Mönchengladbach, he moved to another second division club, 1. FSV Mainz 05, where he developed his game and became the 2. Bundesliga's top scorer in 2002/03 with 20 goals, heralding a move to top-flight 1. FC Köln
• While at Köln he became a regular for Ukraine, scoring on his competitive debut – a UEFA EURO 2004 qualifier against Greece; figured prominently in the 2006 FIFA World Cup campaign, starting 11 qualifying matches and four of the five games at the finals but missing the last-eight tie against Italy through injury.
• Joined Bayer 04 Leverkusen in 2004 and scored 32 Bundesliga goals for the club plus two in the UEFA Champions League and as many in the UEFA Cup before leaving on a free transfer in 2007 for Liverpool FC.
• Lost form at Liverpool but rediscovered it back in Germany during a productive loan spell at Hertha BSC Berlin, his goals helping the club to the top of the Bundesliga in the spring of 2009.
• Left Anfield for good in January 2010 when he joined Dinamo; scored just four goals in his debut season but was on target 11 times in a transitional 2011/12 campaign in which Dinamo reached the Russian Cup final, his form prompting an international recall and a 70th cap in February 2012 against Israel.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 25/11/2013 02:00 CET|
|14.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-2||Volga||85||1||0|
|19.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-1||Anji||29||1||0|
|27.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-4||Spartak Moskva||74||1||0|
|03.08.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-0||Terek||0||0||1|
|18.08.2013||Russian Premier League||Krasnodar||1-1||Dinamo Moskva||24||0||0|
|24.08.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-1||Zenit||1||0||0|
|01.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-1||Rostov||13||0||0|
|16.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Ural||1-4||Dinamo Moskva||78||3||0|
|21.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-3||Lokomotiv Moskva||89||0||0|
|26.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Rubin||2-2||Dinamo Moskva||45||0||0|
|06.10.2013||Russian Premier League||CSKA Moskva||0-2||Dinamo Moskva||75||0||1|
|20.10.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||3-1||Kuban||88||1||0|
|26.10.2013||Russian Premier League||Amkar||2-1||Dinamo Moskva||83||0||0|
|02.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-0||Tom||74||0||0|
|09.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Krylya Sovetov||1-2||Dinamo Moskva||56||0||0|
|24.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Lokomotiv Moskva||1-0||Dinamo Moskva||13||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|