Clubs: Perugia Calcio, Rangers FC, Salernitana Calcio 1919, AC Milan
UEFA Champions League: winner 2003, 2007, runner-up 2005
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2003, 2007
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: winner 2000
• Joined Rangers as a teenager after Perugia suffered relegation from Serie A in 1997 and returned to Italy in October 1998, joining first Salernitana and then, at the start of the 1999/2000 season, Milan.
• After helping the Azzurrini win the UEFA European Under-21 Championship, he marked his first start for the seniors with the only goal of the game against England in a November 2000 friendly in Turin.
• Though a fringe player for Italy at the 2002 FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO 2004 he was a key protagonist at the 2006 World Cup, winning the man of the match award in the quarter-final against Ukraine and excelling in the final against France; was injured and ineffective, however, at UEFA EURO 2008.
• A UEFA Champions League and UEFA Super Cup winner with Milan (2003 and 2007), he also won the Scudetto in 2004, the Coppa Italia in 2003 and the FIFA Club World Cup in 2007.
• Missed the second half of 2008/09 with anterior cruciate ligament damage and the entire 2009/10 UEFA Champions League group stage, but some committed displays earned him regular starts for Massimiliano Allegri in 2010/11
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 30/07/2013 06:50 CET|
|16.09.2012||Swiss Cup||First round||FC Richemond||0-1||Sion||90||0||0|
|11.11.2012||Swiss Cup||Second round||Hergiswil||0-3||Sion||78||0||0|
|03.02.2013||Swiss Cup||Third round||Kriens||0-4||Sion||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|