Clubs: SK Liepājas Metalurgs, Skonto FC, FC Dynamo Kyiv, Getafe CF, HNK Hajduk Split, RC Celta de Vigo, Bakı FK, Ergotelis FC
• Born in Liepaja in 1979, Verpakovskis was guided as a youngster by his father Ilmars, himself a former Latvian international. Verpakovskis Jr scored on his first senior cap at the age of 19 and was soon compared to the country's legendary talisman Marians Pahars.
• Verpakovskis' own rise accelerated in 2001 when he joined Skonto, where he learned from Aleksandrs Starkovs, arguably the country's greatest coach. Verpakovskis won three national titles with the Riga outfit.
• Scored twice in the UEFA EURO 2004 play-off against Turkey, helping his country reach a major final tournament for the first time. He was named Latvian player of the year and earned a move to Dynamo, where his highlight was a goal against Real Madrid CF in the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League group stage.
• Verpakovskis scored Latvia's only goal of UEFA EURO 2004, in the 2-1 defeat by Czech Republic. He was again recognised as Latvian player of the year.
• He subsequently featured for five clubs in as many years, finding the net in the top flights of Spain, Croatia, Greece and Azerbaijan. Has since become all-time top scorer for Latvia and brought up a century of caps, a landmark he reached in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Greece on 10 September 2013.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 19/12/2013 02:06 CET|
|15.08.2012||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Montenegro||2-0||Latvia||15||0||0|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||1-2||Greece||15||0||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Bosnia and Herzegovina||4-1||Latvia||29||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Slovakia||2-1||Latvia||13||1||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||2-0||Liechtenstein||85||0||0|
|06.02.2013||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Japan||3-0||Latvia||19||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Liechtenstein||1-1||Latvia||66||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||0-5||Bosnia and Herzegovina||15||0||0|
|14.08.2013||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Estonia||1-1||Latvia||44||0||0|
|26.08.2013||Greek Super League||Ergotelis||2-0||Levadiakos||0||0||0|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||1-0||Latvia||79||0||0|
|25.09.2013||Greek Cup||Second round||Panathinaikos||2-1||Ergotelis||90||0||0|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Lithuania||2-0||Latvia||77||0||0|
|15.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||2-2||Slovakia||5||0||0|
|02.11.2013||Greek Super League||PAOK||2-1||Ergotelis||74||1||0|
|10.11.2013||Greek Super League||Ergotelis||3-1||Panthrakikos||90||1||0|
|15.11.2013||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Republic of Ireland||3-0||Latvia||46||0||0|
|24.11.2013||Greek Super League||Ergotelis||0-1||Asteras||90||0||0|
|07.12.2013||Greek Super League||Ergotelis||3-3||Aris||14||0||0|
|14.12.2013||Greek Super League||Giannina||2-0||Ergotelis||0||0||0|
|18.12.2013||Greek Super League||Ergotelis||2-2||Apollon Smyrnis||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Cup Winners' Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|