Clubs: Montpellier-Hérault SC, Olympique Lyonnais, RC Strasbourg (loan)
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: runner-up 2002
• Born in the extreme north of France, in the Pas-de-Calais region close to the Belgian border, Vercoutre started out with local club US Dunkerque before beginning his professional career down south at Montpellier.
• Won promotion with Montpellier in 2000/01 and made his top-flight debut against Olympique de Marseille on 28 July 2001 – the first of 15 appearances that season.
• Was a member of the France squad that reached the final of the 2002 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Switzerland, but he did not make an appearance at the tournament, playing understudy to Mickaël Landreau.
• Switched to newly crowned champions Lyon in 2002, accepting the position as No2 to Grégory Coupet; made only four league appearances over the next two seasons before spending the 2004/05 campaign on loan at Strasbourg.
• Back at Lyon the following season and enjoyed a fruitful campaign in 2007/08 while Coupet missed the first four months through injury, appearing in 19 Ligue 1 matches as the club registered their seventh successive title and starting all six group games in the UEFA Champions League.
• Returned to his back-up role in 2008/09 following the arrival of Hugo Lloris and has since played only a handful of matches; agreed a new deal in December 2010 which ties him to Les Gones until summer 2014.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|