Clubs: West Ham United FC, AFC Bournemouth (loan), Leeds United AFC, Manchester United FC
• Became the youngest defender to play for England when, aged 19 years, eight days, he made his debut against Cameroon in November 1997; an unused squad member at the 1998 World Cup, he benefited from the experience by performing peerlessly at the 2002 and 2006 finals.
• His classy, confident displays for West Ham led to a transfer to Leeds – for a record British transfer fee in 2000; reached the UEFA Champions League semi-finals in his first season with the Yorkshire club.
• Sold for another British record transfer fee − then €47m − to Manchester United in July 2002; won the Premier League title in his first season but was handed an eight-month ban in December 2003, which ruled him out of UEFA EURO 2004, for missing a doping test.
• Standing in for the injured Gary Neville, he captained United to Premier League/UEFA Champions League double in 2007/08; performed consistently during United's 2008/09 title-winning campaign but was denied a second double in as many seasons when the Red Devils lost to FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League final in Rome.
• Suffered from back, hamstring and groin problems during an injury-affected 2009/10 season in which he was restricted to only 13 league appearances, but featured in half of the games the following campaign as United won a record 19th English title.
• Returned to prominence the following campaign, making 30 appearances in the league as United lost out to Manchester City FC on goal difference in the league, but was equally prominent in 2012/13 season, helping his side wrestle back the league title.
• With his contract soon to expire, in May 2014 he announced he was leaving Manchester United.
UEFA Champions League: winner 2008; runner-up 2009, 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 25/03/2015 02:19 CET|
|16.08.2014||English Premier League||QPR||0-1||Hull||90||0||0|
|24.08.2014||English Premier League||Tottenham||4-0||QPR||90||0||0|
|30.08.2014||English Premier League||QPR||1-0||Sunderland||90||0||0|
|14.09.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||4-0||QPR||90||0||0|
|20.09.2014||English Premier League||QPR||2-2||Stoke||90||0||0|
|27.09.2014||English Premier League||Southampton||2-1||QPR||90||0||0|
|05.10.2014||English Premier League||West Ham||2-0||QPR||90||0||0|
|26.12.2014||English Premier League||Arsenal||2-1||QPR||90||0||0|
|04.01.2015||English FA Cup||Third round||QPR||0-3||Sheff. United||90||0||0|
|10.02.2015||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-2||QPR||90||0||0|
|21.02.2015||English Premier League||Hull||2-1||QPR||90||0||0|
|07.03.2015||English Premier League||QPR||1-2||Tottenham||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|