A busy, scavenging forward with a deft yet powerful left foot, Ivica Olić is particularly dangerous on the counterattack. He missed most of the 2010/11 season with a knee injury but returned to competitive action for Croatia in the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying play-off against Turkey and scored after two minutes to shape the destiny of the tie.
• Top scorer and champion in the Croatian top flight with two clubs, NK Zagreb and GNK Dinamo Zagreb, in successive seasons (2001/02 and 2002/03) – a unique feat.
• Joined PFC CSKA Moskva midway through the 2003 season, scoring seven goals in ten games as the Army Men won the Russian title; added two more championship triumphs and two Russian Cup wins plus victory in the 2004/05 UEFA Cup.
• Scored in a 2-1 win against Italy at the 2002 FIFA World Cup on his competitive international debut; established himself over the remainder of the decade as a key team member, earning his 50th cap − and scoring − in a famous 3-2 triumph over England in a UEFA EURO 2008 qualifier at Wembley.
• Moved to Hamburger SV in January 2007; scored 29 goals in 78 Bundesliga games and nine in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup prior to joining FC Bayern München on a free transfer.
• Scored on his Bundesliga debut for Bayern – a 1-1 draw with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on 8 August 2009 − and started the last match of the campaign as the Bavarians lost the UEFA Champions League final to FC Internazionale Milano.
• Missed seven months of the 2010/11 season after undergoing knee surgery to repair damaged cartilage and meniscus; returned to the first-team fold in August 2011, scoring on his second game back against, of all clubs, Hamburg.
• Agreed a summer move to VfL Wolfsburg in April 2012, a day after Bayern reached the UEFA Champions League final; had his penalty saved by Petr Čech in the showpiece shoot-out against Chelsea FC.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2010, 2012
UEFA Cup: winner 2005
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 07/03/2017 02:06 CET|
|09.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Croatia||2-0||Malta||11||0||0|
|10.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Bulgaria||0-1||Croatia||90||0||0|
|13.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Croatia||6-0||Azerbaijan||14||0||0|
|16.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Italy||1-1||Croatia||68||0||0|
|28.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Croatia||5-1||Norway||70||1||1|
|12.06.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Croatia||1-1||Italy||46||0||0|
|06.09.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Norway||2-0||Croatia||27||0||0|
|13.10.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Malta||0-1||Croatia||7||0||0|
|20.08.2016||German DFB Cup||First round||1860 München||2-1||Karlsruhe||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|