Absent from UEFA EURO 2008 with a hamstring injury that sidelined him for a year and a half, Tomáš Rosický returned to skipper the Czech Republic to the 2012 finals, starting nine of the ten qualifiers and reaching 85 caps in the process. The Arsenal FC schemer is a tricky technician, capable of playing anywhere in midfield.
• Emerged with AC Sparta Praha aged 19, playing in 12 UEFA Champions League matches; won the Czech title in each of his first two seasons, leaving halfway through the third to join Borussia Dortmund.
• Earned an international call-up in his debut season and was chosen for UEFA EURO 2000, where he started two matches; his strong showing at UEFA EURO 2004 was surpassed at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, when he scored two stunning goals in the opening group game against the United States.
• Won the Bundesliga and reached the UEFA Cup final in his first full season at Dortmund; played alongside fellow Czech international Jan Koller for five seasons, scoring 20 goals in 149 Bundesliga outings.
• Joined Arsenal after the 2006 FIFA World Cup and scored the winner on his UEFA Champions League debut for the Gunners against Hamburger SV – his first return to Germany.
• Had struck nine goals in 44 Premier League appearances until a career-threatening hamstring injury sustained against Newcastle United FC in January 2008 sidelined him for 18 months; scored on his comeback, at Manchester City FC, on 12 September 2009.
• Rewarded with a new Arsenal contract in March 2012 after a series of strong displays domestically and in the UEFA Champions League, where he scored in a man-of-the-match performance as the Gunners so nearly overturned a 4-0 first-leg deficit against AC Milan in the round of 16.
UEFA Cup: runner-up 2002
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 23/10/2014 01:18 CET|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Czech Republic||0-3||Denmark||29||0||0|
|26.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Armenia||0-3||Czech Republic||90||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Czech Republic||0-0||Italy||90||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Czech Republic||1-2||Armenia||90||1||0|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Italy||2-1||Czech Republic||38||0||0|
|19.08.2014||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Beşiktaş||0-0||Arsenal||1||0||0|
|09.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Czech Republic||2-1||Netherlands||90||0||0|
|20.09.2014||English Premier League||Aston Villa||0-3||Arsenal||12||0||0|
|23.09.2014||English League Cup||Third round||Arsenal||1-2||Southampton||90||0||0|
|01.10.2014||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Arsenal||4-1||Galatasaray||22||0||0|
|05.10.2014||English Premier League||Chelsea||2-0||Arsenal||0||0||0|
|10.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Turkey||1-2||Czech Republic||90||0||0|
|Czech Republic U-21||2||0|
|Czech Republic U-18||4||1|
|Czech Republic U-16||2||1|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|