Clubs: FC Volyn Lutsk, FC Shakhtar Donetsk, FC Zenit St Petersburg, FC Bayern München, FC Zenit St Petersburg
• Began his career with home-town club Volyn Lutsk before moving to Shakhtar, aged 18, in 1997. Made gradual progress at Shakhtar and was eventually awarded the captaincy; spent a decade with the club, winning three domestic titles and three Ukrainian Cups as well as making over 50 appearances in European competition.
• First capped by Ukraine in April 2000, he became a prominent figure in midfield throughout the next decade, scaling a career peak in 2006 when he was part of the squad which reached the FIFA World Cup quarter-finals in Germany.
• Joined Zenit in a big-money move at the start of the 2007 Russian Premier-Liga season and immediately captained the club to its first post-Soviet league title; the following year he skippered Zenit to victory in the UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup.
• A domestic double winner in his first season with Bayern, 2009/10, he was an unused substitute in the Bavarians' UEFA Champions League final loss to FC Internazionale Milano.
• Became the second player to reach 100 caps for Ukraine − after Andriy Shevchenko, who achieved the feat three days earlier during a 2-2 draw with Canada in which Tymoshchuk scored − when he captained his country against Brazil on 11 October 2010.
• "I'm delighted to have reached this landmark with the national team," said Tymoshchuk after the game. "The number 100 is something special when you're talking about appearances for your country. I needed ten long years to get my century. It's very important for any footballer because there are very few players in the world who get so many caps."
• Tymoshchuk received a commemorative cap and medal from UEFA to mark his century of international appearances on 11 November 2011, before playing in Ukraine's 3-3 draw with Germany in Kyiv.
• Normally a defensive midfielder, he played at centre-back in the 2012 UEFA Champions League final against Chelsea FC due to the suspension of Holger Badstuber. Announced his return to Zenit on a free transfer in early June 2013, a day after he had helped Bayern defeat VfB Stuttgart in the German Cup final and complete an historic treble.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2010, 2012; winner 2013
UEFA Cup: winner 2008
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2008
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 03/05/2015 02:12 CET|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||1-1||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Moldova||0-0||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Ukraine||0-1||Montenegro||90||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Poland||1-3||Ukraine||30||0||0|
|26.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Ukraine||2-1||Moldova||90||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Montenegro||0-4||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Ukraine||9-0||San Marino||60||0||0|
|15.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||San Marino||0-8||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|30.07.2014||UEFA Champions League||Third qualifying round||AEL||1-0||Zenit||90||0||0|
|06.08.2014||UEFA Champions League||Third qualifying round||Zenit||3-0||AEL||75||0||0|
|13.08.2014||Russian Premier League||Ural||1-2||Zenit||13||0||0|
|16.08.2014||Russian Premier League||Zenit||1-0||Ufa||69||0||0|
|20.08.2014||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Standard Liège||0-1||Zenit||90||0||0|
|26.08.2014||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Zenit||3-0||Standard Liège||45||0||0|
|03.09.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Ukraine||1-0||Moldova||27||0||0|
|09.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Belarus||0-2||Ukraine||1||0||0|
|12.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Ukraine||1-0||FYR Macedonia||1||0||0|
|29.10.2014||Russian Cup||Sixth round||Zenit||2-3||Arsenal Tula||105||0||0|
|01.11.2014||Russian Premier League||CSKA Moskva||0-1||Zenit||1||0||0|
|15.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Luxembourg||0-3||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|18.11.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Ukraine||0-0||Lithuania||12||0||0|
|06.12.2014||Russian Premier League||Zenit||4-0||Krasnodar||81||0||0|
|19.02.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 32||PSV||0-1||Zenit||4||0||0|
|26.02.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 32||Zenit||3-0||PSV||18||0||0|
|12.03.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 16||Zenit||2-0||Torino||1||0||0|
|15.03.2015||Russian Premier League||Torpedo Moskva||1-1||Zenit||18||0||0|
|19.03.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 16||Torino||1-0||Zenit||90||0||0|
|22.03.2015||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||0-1||Zenit||1||0||0|
|27.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Spain||1-0||Ukraine||90||0||0|
|05.04.2015||Russian Premier League||Zenit||2-1||CSKA Moskva||4||0||0|
|08.04.2015||Russian Premier League||Terek||1-2||Zenit||12||0||0|
|16.04.2015||UEFA Europa League||Quarter-finals||Sevilla||2-1||Zenit||8||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|