An experienced former Real Madrid CF and Spanish international defender, Raúl Bravo is equally comfortable performing at left-back or centre-back. He joined Olympiacos FC from Madrid in 2007 but returned to Spain for a brief loan spell at CD Numancia before establishing himself with the Greek champions in 2009/10.
• Joined the Madrid academy aged 16 and worked his way up through various youth and nursery teams until he made his top-flight debut against Athletic Club on 6 October 2001.
• An intermittent member of the Madrid side that won the UEFA Champions League in 2001/02.
• Kept out of starting XI by Roberto Carlos, he was sent on loan to Leeds United AFC in January 2003 but made only five Premier League appearances.
• Revived career as central defender at Madrid under coach Carlos Queiroz in 2003/04 and also became a prominent member of Iñaki Sáez's Spain team for UEFA EURO 2004, both in qualifying and at the finals in Portugal, where he started all three matches; received no further caps thereafter.
• Ended Madrid career with 77 Liga appearances and four goals, joining Olympiacos on four-year contract; loaned to Numancia but career in Greece rekindled by both Bozidar Bandovic and Zico, who fielded him from start to finish in all six 2009/10 UEFA Champions League group games.
Did you know?
Raúl Bravo won two Spanish titles with Madrid, under Vicente del Bosque in 2002/03 and Fabio Capello in 2006/07, but started only four matches in the two campaigns combined.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 24/10/2014 08:46 CET|
|01.09.2014||Greek Super League||OFI||0-1||Veria||72||0||0|
|13.09.2014||Greek Super League||Veria||2-1||Kerkyra||90||0||0|
|20.09.2014||Greek Super League||Olympiacos||3-0||Veria||90||0||0|
|28.09.2014||Greek Super League||Veria||2-0||Giannina||90||0||0|
|19.10.2014||Greek Super League||Veria||2-1||Levadiakos||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|