Clubs: RCD Espanyol, Club Atlético de Madrid, RC Deportiva La Coruña, Villarreal CF
UEFA European Championship: winner 2008
• An attacking left-back, Capdevila began his career with Espanyol, playing one season for the club in the Liga before moving to Atlético and suffering relegation in his first campaign at the Estadio Vicente Calderón.
• Moved to Spanish champions Deportivo, where he won the 2002 Copa del Rey, participated in five successive UEFA Champions League campaigns, and was often used in midfield to accommodate Spanish international Enrique Romero at left-back.
• First capped by Spain in October 2002 but was without competitive international experience when he a received call-up to UEFA EURO 2004.
• Did not play in Portugal and missed the 2006 FIFA World Cup, but was the regular left-back for La Roja as they became European champions in 2008 and played every minute of their 2010 FIFA World Cup triumph in South Africa; collected his 50th cap in the quarter-final defeat of Paraguay.
• Joined Villarreal from Deportivo on a three-year contract in 2007; enjoyed an excellent debut season as the Yellow Submarine finished runners-up in the Liga and missed only five league games in his first three seasons at El Madrigal.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|FC Santa Coloma||2||0|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|