Clubs: Paris Saint-Germain FC, Servette FC (loan), Amiens SC, EA Guingamp, FC Lorient, Olympique de Marseille
• Born in Suresnes, close to Paris, with ancestors from the island of Reunion, Abriel made a tentative start to his career at PSG, from where he was dispatched on loan to Swiss club Servette.
• Joined Amiens after an initial six-month loan spell and became a fixture in their midfield for three seasons in Ligue 2 before joining fellow second-tier outfit Guingamp in 2004.
• Finally made it back to the French top flight after a six-year absence when he left Guingamp for another Brittany club, Lorient; started all 38 Ligue 1 games in his debut season and repeated the feat in his second.
• Left Lorient after three seasons – and ten goals in 111 league appearances – to join Marseille for €2.5m, winning the French League Cup and Ligue 1 title at the first attempt.
• Sampled UEFA Champions League football for the first time in 2009/10, making his debut at the age of 30 in Marseille's 3-0 defeat by Real Madrid CF at the Santiago Bernabéu and scoring his first European goal in a 6-1 win against FC Zürich five weeks later.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|