Clubs: Sporting Clube de Portugal, SC Campomaiorense (loan), A. Académica de Coimbra (loan), RC Recreativo de Huelva, SL Benfica, Granada CF (loan)
• Emerged through the youth ranks at Sporting Clube de Portugal but struggled to impose himself and was farmed out to SC Campomaiorense and home-town club A. Académica de Coimbra before finally making the grade with the Lions.
• Battled with injuries but managed 76 Liga games, scoring nine goals, before leaving Sporting in 2007, by which time he was a Portuguese international, having made his debut against Denmark on 1 September 2006.
• Took his career to a new level during the 2007/08 season with Spain's RC Recreativo de Huelva, becoming their midfield driving force and scoring six goals in 32 Liga appearances to help the Andalusians avoid relegation.
• Returned to Lisbon to join Benfica in July 2008; won the Portuguese League Cup in first season, scoring the decisive spot kick in the final shoot-out against Sporting.
• Scored again in the 2010 League Cup final (3-0 against FC Porto) and helped the Eagles to the Liga title; claimed a regular spot in the Portuguese national team in 2010/11 under former Sporting boss Paulo Bento, scoring the first goal in a remarkable 4-0 win against world champions Spain in a friendly.
• Spent the 2011/12 season on loan at Spanish Liga club Granada CF, but returned to Benfica in 2012/13, playing in four of their nine UEFA Europa League games as the club made the final.
UEFA Europa League: runner-up 2013
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 24/03/2015 02:17 CET|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Israel||3-3||Portugal||29||0||0|
|18.01.2015||Portuguese First Division||Belenenses||2-0||Gil Vicente||0||0||0|
|25.01.2015||Portuguese First Division||Belenenses||0-0||Penafiel||73||0||0|
|31.01.2015||Portuguese First Division||Nacional||2-1||Belenenses||90||0||0|
|08.02.2015||Portuguese First Division||Guimarães||0-1||Belenenses||90||1||0|
|22.02.2015||Portuguese First Division||Marítimo||1-2||Belenenses||72||0||1|
|02.03.2015||Portuguese First Division||Belenenses||0-1||Paços Ferreira||59||0||0|
|22.03.2015||Portuguese First Division||Boavista||1-0||Belenenses||68||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|