Clubs: Tottenham Hotspur FC, IFK Hässleholm (loan), Queens Park Rangers FC, Portsmouth FC, Aston Villa FC, Norwich City FC (loan), Southampton FC, Liverpool FC, Portsmouth FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2007
• Born in Macclesfield but brought up in Singapore and London, Crouch started his career as a trainee with Tottenham but did not make an appearance for the first team before moving to QPR.
• Left a year later for Portsmouth, where he scored 18 goals in the second tier before ending the season at Aston Villa and representing England at the 2002 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
• Failed to settle at Villa but enjoyed a successful loan spell at Norwich before a permanent move to Southampton, where, despite the club's relegation, he scored abundantly and won his first senior cap for England – in a post-season friendly against Colombia (3-2) in New York.
• Spent the next three seasons at Liverpool, where he consolidated his international status, appearing at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and scoring against Trinidad & Tobago; an FA Cup winner in 2006, he hit six goals in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League as Liverpool finished runners-up to AC Milan.
• Rejoined Portsmouth in 2008 and Tottenham a year later, helping Spurs finish fourth in Premier League with a vital winning goal at rivals Manchester City FC.
• Also confirmed Tottenham's place in the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League group stage with a play-off hat-trick at home against BSC Young Boys; made two substitute appearances at the 2010 World Cup and ended the year with his 22nd international goal (on his 42nd appearance) in a November friendly against France.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|