An athletic right-back who can also operate on the opposite flank or in the centre of defence, Loukas Vyntra has spent the past few seasons putting in consistent performances for Panathinaikos FC. He made his debut for Greece in June 2005, against Ukraine, just prior to competing at the FIFA Confederations Cup in Germany.
• Born in the former Czechoslovakia to a Czech father and Greek mother, he started his career in earnest with second-tier Greek outfit Paniliakos FC.
• Remained with the Pirgos club until January 2004, when, following promotion to the top flight and an excellent first half of campaign, he switched to Panathinaikos.
• A minor contributor to the Greens' 2003/04 double triumph, he became a regular in the first XI the following campaign and a fringe member of the Greece squad, going on to make two 90-minute UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying appearances (wins in Malta and Hungary) and one in the finals against Spain.
• Enjoyed a particularly memorable season in 2009/10, helping Panathinaikos to the domestic double and reaching 50 games in European competition; also ended the campaign by appearing in all three matches for Greece at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
• A UEFA Champions League ever-present in 2010/11 − his fourth campaign in the competition − he made five appearances for Greece in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|