Clubs: Nottingham Forest FC, Newcastle United FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
• Jenas joined hometown club Nottingham Forest at 16 and captained the first team during his debut season, 2001/02, joining Newcastle halfway through it.
• An outstanding first full campaign at St James' Park earned him the prestigious PFA Young Player of the Year award and a first senior appearance for England – against Australia in a friendly at Upton Park – after winning many international caps at various junior levels.
• Left Newcastle for Tottenham in 2005 and became a key midfield figure in Martin Jol's side; ended the season by travelling with England to the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany but did not play.
• Claimed his first major honour as Spurs won the 2008 League Cup, beating Chelsea in the final after he had opened the scoring in each leg of the semi-final against North London rivals Arsenal FC.
• A few weeks before the League Cup showpiece, he struck the first goal of Fabio Capello's reign as England manager in a 2-1 triumph over Switzerland at Wembley.
• Made his 50th appearance in UEFA club competition in Tottenham's opening group game of the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League – away to SV Werder Bremen (2-2) – and featured in all six matches as Spurs topped the group.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|