Dariusz Dudka ended 2011 with 60 caps for Poland, making him the most experienced international in Franciszek Smuda's prospective UEFA EURO 2012 squad. He can play in defence or in his preferred role of midfield anchorman, where his tackling and intercepting skills come to the fore.
• Made his Polish top-flight debut for now-defunct KS Amica Wronki at 16 and spent six years there, never finishing lower than seventh; also reached the group phase of the 2004/05 UEFA Cup but Amica lost all four matches, conceding 16 goals in the process.
• Signed by Wisła Kraków in 2005, he started all but one game in his debut Ekstraklasa campaign and was rewarded with a place in Poland's 2006 FIFA World Cup squad; his seven minutes of action at the finals, however, coincided with Germany scoring the late winner that eliminated Poland from the tournament.
• Made eight UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying appearances and was on the field from start to finish in all three matches at the finals, the first two, against Germany and Austria, in midfield, the last one, versus Croatia, in defence.
• A title winner with Wisła in 2007/08, he left for AJ Auxerre in June 2008 and helped the club finish third in Ligue 1 in 2009/10, which led the following season to his first participation in the UEFA Champions League.
• Reached 50 caps in March 2011 with a friendly in Lithuania (0-2) and featured in each of Poland's next ten internationals as the countdown to UEFA EURO 2012 intensified.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 13/04/2014 10:37 CET|
|23.02.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||3-1||Cracovia||23||0||0|
|28.02.2014||Polish First Division||Lechia||0-0||Wisła||90||0||0|
|08.03.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||0-1||Ruch||90||0||0|
|16.03.2014||Polish First Division||Legia||2-2||Wisła||90||0||0|
|21.03.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||0-1||Zawisza||70||0||0|
|12.04.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||0-1||Podbeskidzie||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|