Clubs: Rimini Calcio, Juventus, Bologna FC (loan), Parma FC, Brescia Calcio (loan), AS Roma, AC Chievo Verona (loan)
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: winner 2004
• Born in the Adriatic tourist resort of Rimini, Brighi left his home-town club for Juventus at 19, making his Serie A debut against SSC Napoli on 30 September 2000 (2-1).
• Made only 11 Serie A appearances for the Bianconeri before joining Bologna on loan, then, a year later, Parma, with whom he made his maiden appearance in UEFA club competition shortly after winning his first senior cap for Italy – in a Trieste friendly against Slovenia (0-1) on 21 August 2002.
• After a one-year loan at Brescia and a victorious UEFA European Under-21 Championship with Italy, he joined Roma, who immediately sent him on a further loan to Chievo, where he would spend the next three seasons before returning to the capital.
• Made his UEFA Champions League debut in 2007/08 against Sporting Clube de Portugal (2-1) and scored three goals the following season which helped Roma top their group ahead of Chelsea FC; substituted in the last minute of extra time before the last-16 penalty shoot-out defeat by Arsenal FC.
• Recalled to international duty for the first time in six and a half years and played three matches in succession in the spring of 2009, including the full 90 minutes in FIFA World Cup qualifier at home to the Republic of Ireland (1-1).
• Made his 100th league appearance for the Giallorossi on 22 January 2011 away to Cagliari Calcio.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|