A former right-back who now plays in midfield, Jakob Poulsen is most famous in Denmark for scoring the winning goal in a vital 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against neighbours Sweden. He managed just two UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying appearances but remains a contender for a squad place at the finals.
• Started out with Esbjerg fB, graduating from youth to first team during the 2002/03 campaign and becoming a regular the following season, missing just one Superligaen match as his club finished third.
• Left Esbjerg midway through the 2005/06 campaign to join Dutch club sc Heerenveen; injured shortly after his arrival and found it difficult to establish himself at first but managed 30 Eredivisie appearances, 19 from the start, in 2007/08 as Heerenveen finished fifth, thus qualifying for the UEFA Cup, for the second successive season.
• Returned to Denmark in 2008, joining AGF Århus, where he enjoyed an excellent first season that earned him international recognition from Denmark boss Morten Olsen, his first cap coming in a friendly against Greece on 11 February 2009.
• Enjoyed a terrific 2009/10 season with Denmark, scoring the winning goal against Sweden to take his country through to 2010 World Cup, where he made two substitute appearances, but he suffered shock relegation from the Superligaen with AGF.
• Named 2009 Danish player of the year, he shunned several offers to move abroad, preferring to stay in Denmark and join FC Midtjylland, for whom he enjoyed a productive 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 26/02/2013 09:42 CET|
|15.08.2012||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Denmark||1-3||Slovakia||44||0||0|
|28.08.2012||French League Cup||Second round||Chamois Niortais||1-2||Monaco||90||1||0|
|26.09.2012||French League Cup||Third round||Monaco||4-2||Valenciennes||15||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Bulgaria||1-1||Denmark||1||0||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Italy||3-1||Denmark||7||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|