Clubs: Real Madrid CF, RCD Mallorca, West Bromwich Albion FC, RCD Mallorca (loan), Villarreal CF
UEFA European Under-19 Championship: winner 2004
• A native of the Spanish capital, Borja Valero joined Madrid as a schoolboy and worked his way through the ranks, gaining recognition at youth level for Spain before performing regularly for the club's B team in 2005/06 and 2006/07.
• Scored the winner in the 2004 U19 Championship final as Spain defeated Turkey 1-0 in Nyon, Switzerland.
• Played one Copa del Rey match and one UEFA Champions League game − against FC Dynamo Kyiv (2-2) − for the first team but none in the Liga before signing a five-year contract with Mallorca in August 2007.
• Scored four goals in 34 Liga appearances for the islanders but left after just one season for England, joining newly-promoted West Brom
• Unable to prevent the Baggies from suffering an immediate relegation and was returned to Mallorca on a year-long loan in 2009/10, during which he was an outstanding figure in helping the team to fifth place and within a whisker of UEFA Champions League qualification.
• Signed a permanent deal with Villarreal in August 2010 and scored on his home debuts in European and domestic competition, against FC Dnepr Mogliev and RCD Espanyol respectively; called up by Spain for the first time in October 2010.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|