Locally born and bred, Marc Planus has become a stalwart of FC Girondins de Bordeaux, his one and only club to date. An elegant central defender who likes to bring the ball out from the back, he is also a resilient tackler.
• Came up through the club's academy, following in the footsteps of older brother Pierre.
• Made his debut in November 2002 against Stade Rennais FC and scored his first goal for the club the following season in a UEFA Cup tie with Polish club Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski.
• Made four appearances for the France Under-21 side in 2002/03.
• Became a regular in the Bordeaux defence under Michel Pavon and later Ricardo Gomes but had to wait until January 2008, when Laurent Blanc was the coach, before scoring his first goal in Ligue 1.
• Partnered Souleymane Diawara in the heart of Bordeaux's defence during the triumphant 2008/09 season as the club captured a Ligue 1/League Cup double; scored in League Cup final win against Vannes OC at Stade de France.
Did you know?
Planus's first UEFA Champions League goal was the winner at home to FC Bayern München (2-1) on Matchday 3 of the 2009/10 group stage.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|