Cruelly denied involvement at UEFA EURO 2008 by injury, Pavel Pogrebnyak will be keen to make his major tournament bow four years on. A classic targetman, strong in the air with two good feet, he blew hot and cold during a two-and-a-half-year spell with VfB Stuttgart before joining Fulham FC on the last day of the January 2012 transfer window.
• A graduate of FC Spartak Moskva's academy, he struggled to make an impact in the first team despite productive loan spells at second division clubs FC Baltika Kaliningrad and FC Khimki.
• Moved to FC Shinnik Yaroslavl in 2005 but managed just four league goals; far more successful in 2006 at FC Tom Tomsk, where he scored 13 times in 26 games and earned a place in Guus Hiddink's Russia squad.
• Scored the winner in his, and Hiddink's, first game for Russia − 1-0 against Latvia − and was also on target in UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying versus Estonia; missed the finals, however, after suffering a knee injury in a warm-up game against Serbia.
• Joined Zenit − his sixth club in as many years − in 2007, scoring 11 goals to help them to the Premier-Liga title; also a pivotal member of the UEFA Cup-winning team, topping the competition's scoring charts alongside ten-goal Luca Toni, but missed the final through suspension.
• On target again in Zenit's 2008 UEFA Super Cup defeat of Manchester United FC, he joined Stuttgart as replacement for FC Bayern München-bound Mario Gomez 12 months later.
• After 15 Bundesliga goals in 68 outings, Pogrebnyak was transferred to Fulham on a six-month deal in January 2012 and made an immediate impact by scoring five times in his first three matches, including a hat-trick against Wolverhampton Wanderers FC.
UEFA Cup: winner 2008
UEFA Cup: top scorer 2007/08
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2008
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 12/01/2016 09:36 CET|
|13.09.2015||Russian Premier League||Krasnodar||4-0||Dinamo Moskva||90||0||0|
|21.09.2015||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||0-0||Rubin||90||0||0|
|24.09.2015||Russian Cup||Fifth round||Lokomotiv Liski||0-2||Dinamo Moskva||90||0||0|
|27.09.2015||Russian Premier League||Krylya Sovetov||0-0||Dinamo Moskva||73||0||0|
|04.10.2015||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||0-2||CSKA Moskva||60||0||0|
|17.10.2015||Russian Premier League||Amkar||1-1||Dinamo Moskva||90||0||0|
|25.10.2015||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-3||Spartak Moskva||90||1||0|
|29.10.2015||Russian Cup||Play-offs||Krylya Sovetov||0-1||Dinamo Moskva||90||0||0|
|02.11.2015||Russian Premier League||Rostov||1-0||Dinamo Moskva||90||0||0|
|07.11.2015||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-1||Kuban||90||0||0|
|22.11.2015||Russian Premier League||Mordovia||1-1||Dinamo Moskva||90||0||0|
|30.11.2015||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-2||Lokomotiv Moskva||66||0||0|
|04.12.2015||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-2||Anji||65||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|