Clubs: Club Atlético de Madrid, Gimnàstic de Tarragona (loan), RC Recreativo de Huelva, Club Atlético de Madrid, Real Zaragoza (loan), SL Benfica,Real Zaragoza, Olympiacos FC (loan)
• Madrid-born Roberto Jiménez Gago graduated from the Atlético academy, playing at every youth level for Spain from Under-16 upwards.
• Made his Liga debut on 22 December 2005 against CA Osasuna but spent the following season playing for Atlético's B team and was dispatched on loan to Gimnàstic for the entire 2007/08 campaign, playing 28 matches in the Segunda División.
• Joined Recreativo for the 2008/09 season but was overlooked for Liga matches and returned to Atlético, where he was only third choice behind Sergio Asenjo and David de Gea; made his UEFA Champions League debut in a group game at FC Porto (0-2) but lasted only 26 minutes before leaving the field injured.
• Spent the second half of 2009/10 on loan at Zaragoza – thus missing Atlético's UEFA Europa League triumph – but performed well and earned an €8.5m summer transfer to Benfica, where he replaced veteran Quim as the Portuguese club's No1.
• An ever-present in the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League, he also started all six matches of Benfica's run to the UEFA Europa League semi-finals.
• Made a permanent move to Zaragoza ahead of the 2011/12 season, playing every league game for the Spanish club as they avoided relegation, a fate they could not escape the following campaign.
• Transferred back to Atlético from whom Olympiacos FC took him on loan ahead of the 2013/14 season, where he started the campaign as first choice.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 11/05/2017 02:09 CET|
|29.11.2016||Spanish Cup||First round||Alcorcón||1-1||Espanyol||90||0||0|
|22.12.2016||Spanish Cup||First round||Espanyol||1-1|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|