Clubs: CR Vasco da Gama, UD Leiria, FC Porto
• Helton da Silva Arruda won the Brazilian championship with Vasco da Gama in 2000 and played all four games for Brazil at the Olympics in Sydney the same year.
• Moved to Europe in 2002, joining Portugal's Leiria; made 67 league appearances for the club in three seasons before switching to Porto.
• Replaced Vítor Baía as No1 in the spring of 2006 and kept a succession of clean sheets as Porto won the domestic double; also kept his goal intact in the cup final triumph against Vitória FC (1-0).
• Missed only nine league games over next three seasons as Porto claimed three further titles.
• Helped Porto to the Portuguese double again 2010/11 and featured in every game (group stage to final inclusive) as the Dragons won the UEFA Europa League by defeating local rivals SC Braga in the Dublin showpiece.
• First choice as Porto won the league again in 2011/12 and 2012/13, and ever-present in the UEFA Champions League over both seasons.
UEFA Europa League: winner 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|