Clubs: Rangers FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Sunderland AFC (loan)
• A Glaswegian, Hutton joined Rangers at the age of 15, made his debut just after his 18th birthday and became a Scottish champion in 2004/05, at 20.
• Missed most of 2005 with a broken leg but returned to claim the right-back spot in Rangers' first XI and, having signed a new five-year contract in summer 2007, was ever-present in the club's UEFA Champions League campaign that autumn.
• First capped by Scotland on 30 May 2007 in a friendly against Austria in Vienna (won 1-0), he starred in the team's closing UEFA EURO 2008 qualifiers and, with his profile high for club and country, left Glasgow for London with a move to Tottenham in January 2008 for €12.1m.
• Within a month of his arrival at Spurs he collected his first English trophy, the League Cup, playing all two hours of the Wembley final against Chelsea FC (2-1 aet).
• Struggled for fitness over the next couple of years and, unable to command a regular place, was despatched on loan to Sunderland for the second half of the 2009/10 season.
• Back in favour at Spurs the following autumn, however, replacing Vedran Ćorluka as the first-choice right-back in Harry Redknapp's side for the club's first UEFA Champions League campaign.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|