A pacy, two-footed French striker with Senegalese roots, David Bellion began his professional career in England, playing for three Premier League clubs before establishing himself back in his homeland with OGC Nice and FC Girondins de Bordeaux, winning the Ligue 1 title with the latter in 2008/09.
• Groomed by AS Cannes, he rejected a professional contract with the Côte d'Azur club, preferring to ply his trade in north-east England with Sunderland AFC.
• Unable to save Sunderland from relegation in 2003, he nevertheless caught the eye of Sir Alex Ferguson and joined Manchester United FC.
• Never a regular in the United team but gained valuable Premier League and UEFA Champions League experience at a young age, scoring eight goals for the club.
• Had a brief spell on loan at West Ham United FC before returning to south of France in January 2006, signing permanent deal with Nice at the end of season.
• Left Nice for Bordeaux in summer 2007 and enjoyed excellent start to his Les Marine et Blanc career with ten league goals before Christmas; less effective in 2008/09 title-winning campaign, scoring four times.
Did you know?
Bellion scored Bordeaux's winning goals in both the quarter-finals and semi-finals of their 2008/09 League Cup triumph but was only a substitute in the final.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 22/05/2014 02:49 CET|
|07.11.2013||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||APOEL||2-1||Bordeaux||19||0||0|
|05.01.2014||French Cup||Ninth round||Raon-L'Étape||1-2||Bordeaux||11||1||0|
|22.01.2014||French Cup||Tenth round||L'Île-Rousse||0-0|
|31.01.2014||French Ligue 1||Paris||2-0||Bordeaux||7||0||0|
|22.02.2014||French Ligue 1||Bordeaux||2-1||Évian||7||0||0|
|27.04.2014||French Ligue 1||LOSC||2-1||Bordeaux||13||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|