Clubs: Luton Town FC, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, Blackpool FC (loan)
• Joined home-town club Luton Town FC as a schoolboy and worked his way up through the youth system, making his senior debut at 18 in April 2003.
• Became the Hatters' first-choice right-back the following season and was even more influential in 2004/05 as he helped the club take the League One title, winning promotion to the second tier.
• Following Luton's relegation in 2007 he joined Wolves and made a valuable contribution to the club's Championship title-winning campaign of 2008/09, missing just one match as they claimed a place in the Premier League; ended that season with the award of his first cap for Ireland, in a 1-1 draw against Nigeria at Fulham FC's Craven Cottage.
• Spent the next three seasons in the Premier League, scoring his first two goals at that level in consecutive home games in November 2010; relegated back to the Championship in April 2012.
• Made just one appearance in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, in a 2-1 home win against the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, but helped his country win the inaugural Nations Cup, appearing in victories over Northern Ireland and Scotland.
• Included in Ireland's original squad for UEFA EURO 2012 finals but a hamstring complaint forcing him to withdraw.
• Suffered a second relegation in successive years with Wolves in 2012/13. Lost his place in the side and went on loan to Blackpool.