Clubs: FC Bayern München, 1. FC Nürnberg (loan)
• Capable of playing in midfield or defence, Ottl played junior football for local team SV Nord Lerchenau for fives years before joining the youth academy at Bayern − his home-town club − in July 1996 aged 11.
• Featured regularly in midfield for the reserves – alongside UEFA Champions League winner Thorsten Fink − in the third tier for three seasons up to and including 2005/06, when he made his Bundesliga debut in a 5-2 defeat of Bayer 04 Leverkusen and scored his first goal for the club in a German Cup tie eight days later.
• Became a regular the following campaign, making 24 league appearances and starting both legs of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final loss to AC Milan, but featured less in 2007/08 as Bayern did the Bundesliga/German Cup double.
• Involved sporadically over the next 18 months until a loan move to Nürnberg in January 2010; started every game for his temporary employers, including both legs of the relegation-promotion play-off against FC Augsberg.
• A former German Under-21 international, Ottl was in the squad which reached the last eight of the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup in the Netherlands.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|