Although born in Northern Ireland, Darron Gibson switched his allegiance to the Republic during his teenage years and has become a useful member of Giovanni Trapattoni's squad. A midfielder with a potent right-foot shot, he left Manchester United FC in January 2012 for regular first-team football with Everton FC.
• Born in Derry, Northern Ireland, Gibson played junior and local league football prior to joining United in 2004; made his first-team debut against Barnet FC on 26 October 2005, a day after turning 18.
• Broke into the United side in 2008/09 following loan spells at Royal Antwerp and Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, making his Premier League and UEFA Champions League debuts in the space of ten days in November; also played in every round of the Red Devils' triumphant League Cup campaign.
• Awarded a three-year contract extension ahead of the 2009/10 season, in which he scored five goals in 23 appearances in all competitions, including the opener in the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg against FC Bayern München.
• Represented Northern Ireland at youth level but opted to pursue his senior international career with the Republic of Ireland, for whom he made his debut in August 2007 against Denmark.
• Following three goals in 31 Premier League outings for United, he opened his Everton account on his fourth appearance for the club, a 1-0 victory against Manchester City FC on 31 January 2012.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 05/07/2017 15:13 CET|
|23.08.2016||English League Cup||Second round||Everton||4-0||Yeovil||24||0||0|
|04.02.2017||English Premier League||Crystal Palace||0-4||Sunderland||0||0||0|
|11.02.2017||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-4||Southampton||81||0||0|
|25.02.2017||English Premier League||Everton||2-0||Sunderland||90||0||0|
|05.03.2017||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-2||Man. City||69||0||0|
|18.03.2017||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-0||Burnley||74||0||0|
|01.04.2017||English Premier League||Watford||1-0||Sunderland||61||0||0|
|04.04.2017||English Premier League||Leicester||2-0||Sunderland||10||0||0|
|15.04.2017||English Premier League||Sunderland||2-2||West Ham||90||0||0|
|26.04.2017||English Premier League||Middlesbrough||1-0||Sunderland||65||0||0|
|13.05.2017||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-2||Swansea||70||0||0|
|16.05.2017||English Premier League||Arsenal||2-0||Sunderland||2||0||0|
|21.05.2017||English Premier League||Chelsea||5-1||Sunderland||2||0||0|
|Republic of Ireland||8||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-21||1||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-19||5||1|
|Republic of Ireland U-17||3||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|