Although born in Northern Ireland, Darron Gibson switched his allegiance to the Republic during his teenage years and has become a useful member of Giovanni Trapattoni's squad. A midfielder with a potent right-foot shot, he left Manchester United FC in January 2012 for regular first-team football with Everton FC.
• Born in Derry, Northern Ireland, Gibson played junior and local league football prior to joining United in 2004; made his first-team debut against Barnet FC on 26 October 2005, a day after turning 18.
• Broke into the United side in 2008/09 following loan spells at Royal Antwerp and Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, making his Premier League and UEFA Champions League debuts in the space of ten days in November; also played in every round of the Red Devils' triumphant League Cup campaign.
• Awarded a three-year contract extension ahead of the 2009/10 season, in which he scored five goals in 23 appearances in all competitions, including the opener in the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg against FC Bayern München.
• Represented Northern Ireland at youth level but opted to pursue his senior international career with the Republic of Ireland, for whom he made his debut in August 2007 against Denmark.
• Following three goals in 31 Premier League outings for United, he opened his Everton account on his fourth appearance for the club, a 1-0 victory against Manchester City FC on 31 January 2012.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 06/03/2015 02:23 CET|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Germany||3-0||Republic of Ireland||90||0||0|
|15.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Republic of Ireland||3-1||Kazakhstan||37||0||0|
|18.09.2014||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||Everton||4-1||Wolfsburg||8||0||0|
|21.09.2014||English Premier League||Everton||2-3||Crystal Palace||6||0||0|
|23.09.2014||English League Cup||Third round||Swansea||3-0||Everton||90||0||0|
|02.10.2014||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||Krasnodar||1-1||Everton||90||0||0|
|11.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Republic of Ireland||7-0||Gibraltar||90||0||0|
|14.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Germany||1-1||Republic of Ireland||27||0||0|
|18.10.2014||English Premier League||Everton||3-0||Aston Villa||1||0||0|
|06.11.2014||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||Everton||3-0||LOSC||23||0||0|
|09.11.2014||English Premier League||Sunderland||1-1||Everton||77||0||0|
|14.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Scotland||1-0||Republic of Ireland||68||0||0|
|11.02.2015||English Premier League||Chelsea||1-0||Everton||0||0||0|
|22.02.2015||English Premier League||Everton||2-2||Leicester||35||0||0|
|26.02.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 32||Everton||3-1||Young Boys||90||0||1|
|01.03.2015||English Premier League||Arsenal||2-0||Everton||6||0||0|
|04.03.2015||English Premier League||Stoke||2-0||Everton||90||0||0|
|Republic of Ireland||8||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-21||1||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-19||5||1|
|Republic of Ireland U-17||3||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|