Although born in Northern Ireland, Darron Gibson switched his allegiance to the Republic during his teenage years and has become a useful member of Giovanni Trapattoni's squad. A midfielder with a potent right-foot shot, he left Manchester United FC in January 2012 for regular first-team football with Everton FC.
• Born in Derry, Northern Ireland, Gibson played junior and local league football prior to joining United in 2004; made his first-team debut against Barnet FC on 26 October 2005, a day after turning 18.
• Broke into the United side in 2008/09 following loan spells at Royal Antwerp and Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, making his Premier League and UEFA Champions League debuts in the space of ten days in November; also played in every round of the Red Devils' triumphant League Cup campaign.
• Awarded a three-year contract extension ahead of the 2009/10 season, in which he scored five goals in 23 appearances in all competitions, including the opener in the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg against FC Bayern München.
• Represented Northern Ireland at youth level but opted to pursue his senior international career with the Republic of Ireland, for whom he made his debut in August 2007 against Denmark.
• Following three goals in 31 Premier League outings for United, he opened his Everton account on his fourth appearance for the club, a 1-0 victory against Manchester City FC on 31 January 2012.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 14/06/2016 15:46 CET|
|03.09.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Republic of Ireland||2-0||Oman||70||0||0|
|11.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Republic of Ireland||7-0||Gibraltar||90||0||0|
|14.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Germany||1-1||Republic of Ireland||27||0||0|
|14.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Scotland||1-0||Republic of Ireland||68||0||0|
|28.09.2015||English Premier League||West Brom||2-3||Everton||18||0||0|
|27.10.2015||English League Cup||Fourth round||Everton||1-1|
|21.11.2015||English Premier League||Everton||4-0||Aston Villa||6||0||0|
|28.11.2015||English Premier League||Bournemouth||3-3||Everton||1||0||0|
|12.12.2015||English Premier League||Norwich||1-1||Everton||14||0||0|
|09.01.2016||English FA Cup||Third round||Everton||2-0||Dag & Red||90||0||0|
|31.01.2016||English FA Cup||Fourth round||Carlisle||0-3||Everton||15||0||0|
|16.04.2016||English Premier League||Everton||1-1||Southampton||83||0||0|
|23.04.2016||English FA Cup||Semi-finals||Everton||1-2||Man. United||90||0||0|
|30.04.2016||English Premier League||Everton||2-1||Bournemouth||90||0||0|
|07.05.2016||English Premier League||Leicester||3-1||Everton||27||0||1|
|27.05.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Republic of Ireland||1-1||Netherlands||22||0||0|
|31.05.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Republic of Ireland||1-2||Belarus||68||0||0|
|Republic of Ireland||8||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-21||1||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-19||5||1|
|Republic of Ireland U-17||3||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|