Clubs: Valletta FC, Pisa Calcio, Valletta FC.
• The Valletta captain, Aguis has served his home-town team for the whole of his career save for a short spell in Italy with then Serie C club Pisa in the first half of the 2001/02 season.
• The striker has helped Valletta to seven Maltese Premier League titles and as many domestic cups since making his debut for the club in 1990/91.
• Agius has skippered his team to victory in two one-off competitions in Maltese football - the Centenary Cup in December of 2000 and the National League 100 Anniversary Cup ten years later. The former trophy was one of six he and Valletta collected in a famous 2000/01 campaign
• The only player to have been crowned Maltese footballer of the year on three occasions, having won the award in 1996/97, 2000/01 and 2006/07.
• Agius collected the first of his 121 caps for Malta, a total which places him second on the country's all-time list behind David Carabott, when he played 45 minutes of a 2-1 friendly victory against Gabon on 7 November 1993.
• Scored his maiden international goal when Malta lost 2-1 to Iceland in a friendly in Reykjavik on 14 August 1996. His eighth and final goal for the national side earned a 1-1 draw with Austria, also in a friendly, on 7 February 2007.
• Aguis's last goal came four months before he reached a century of international appearances, his 100th cap being won in a 4-0 defeat by Norway in a UEFA EURO 2008 qualifier.
• Aguis received a commemorative cap and medal from UEFA to mark his century of international appearances on 11 October 2011, before Malta's 2-0 home defeat by Israel in UEFA European Championship qualifying.
• "Playing over 100 times for my country is already in itself a wonderful achievement – being recognised in such a manner by Europe's governing body even more so," he said.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Cup Winners' Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|