Clubs: Club Alianza Lima, PSV Eindhoven, FC Schalke 04
• Farfán joined Alianza Lima as a 16-year-old in 2001 and helped the club from the Peruvian capital to back-to-back league titles in 2003 and 2004.
• Won his first international cap for Peru on 23 February 2003 against Haiti (5-1) and was the second highest scorer, with seven goals, in the South American qualifying section for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
• Also represented his country at the 2004 and 2007 Copa América tournaments but a disagreement with the Peruvian Football Federation subsequently restricted him to just four appearances during 2010 World Cup qualifying.
• Joined PSV in 2004 and won the Dutch double in his debut campaign as well as helping the club to the UEFA Champions League semi-finals; won three further Eredivisie titles over the next three seasons, scoring 21 times in 2005/06 and 2006/07 – on each occasion being the club's top scorer − and ending his PSV career with 57 goals in 118 league games.
• Moved to Schalke for €10m on a four-year contract in June 2008; scored on his Bundesliga debut versus Borussia Dortmund (3-3) but was less prolific in Germany than in the Netherlands and often featured on the wing rather than as a central striker.
• Opened the scoring in Schalke's home wins against SL Benfica and Olympique Lyonnais in the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League group stage, and struck twice in the round of 16 decider versus Valencia CF (3-1) as the Bundesliga club reached the last four.
• Helped the side return to the UEFA Champions League, scoring four Bundesliga goals during 2011/12 to earn Schalke a third-placed Bundesliga finish, and hit six more the following year as the club qualified once again.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 01/07/2015 18:25 CET|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|