A Brazilian midfielder who allies defensive steel with attacking silk, Alexandre Silva de Souza, aka Dudu, earned a new four-year contract with Olympiacos FC after an outstanding first season in Greece that rewarded him with winners' medals in both domestic competitions.
• Born in Fortaleza, Brazil, he turned professional with Bahia club EC Vitória, scoring six goals in 32 league appearances during the 2003 season.
• Gained international acclaim at the 2003 FIFA U-20 World Cup, finishing as competition's joint-top scorer with four goals, including winner in semi-final against Argentina, as Brazil took the title in the United Arab Emirates.
• Had brief spells in Japan with Kashiwa Reysol and France with Stade Rennais FC before settling down in Russia with PFC CSKA Moskva; made one appearance for Brazil in 2004 Copa América triumph.
• Joined too late to participate in CSKA's 2004/05 UEFA Cup triumph but helped Army Men to back-to-back Premier-Liga titles in his first two seasons as well as the 2006 Russian Cup; scored winning goal against Hamburger SV on his home debut in UEFA Champions League group stage.
• Scored seven goals in 74 games for CSKA before joining Olympiacos in 2008; key man in Ernesto Valverde's double-winning side and started all six UEFA Champions League group games under Zico in 2009/10.
Did you know?
Dudu's only Ligue 1 goal for Rennes was scored against Olympique Lyonnais.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|