Clubs: Kerkyra FC, Panionios GSS, Eintracht Frankfurt, AS Monaco FC, PAOK FC.
• Born in Athens, he started his career on the holiday island of Corfu with Kerkyra FC, making 13 appearances in the 2006/07 Super League and scoring one goal – in a 4-3 away win against fellow islanders OFI Crete FC.
• Relegated with Kerkyra FC, he stayed on to play for the club in the second division but moved back to Athens in summer 2008 to join Panionios.
• A promising first campaign was followed by an excellent second, which earned him recognition by Greece boss Otto Rehhagel – though no first cap – and an end-of-season transfer to German club Eintracht Frankfurt.
• Made 25 Bundesliga starts for Eintracht, scoring one goal, but was unable to save the team from relegation; remained with them for half a season in the second division before switching in January to Ligue 2 outfit AS Monaco FC.
• Won his first cap for Greece in a UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier against Croatia in Zagreb on 7 September 2010 (0-0) and followed that up with further qualifying appearances against Latvia (1-0) and Malta (1-0).
• Helped Monaco back into Ligue 1, scoring twice in 24 appearances during their promotion season before switching back to his homeland and signing a two-year contract with PAOK FC. Played four times in the group stage as the club qualified for the knockout phase of the 2013/14 UEFA Europa League.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 08/09/2014 01:16 CET|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Bosnia and Herzegovina||3-1||Greece||46||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Lithuania||0-1||Greece||44||0||0|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||1-0||Latvia||74||0||0|
|26.09.2013||Greek Cup||Second round||PAOK||3-0||Anagennisi Karditsa||11||0||0|
|09.01.2014||Greek Cup||Third round||Iraklis||0-1||PAOK||90||0||0|
|24.08.2014||Greek Super League||PAOK||1-1||Kalloni||90||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|