Clubs: Víkingur, Djurgårdens IF, SønderjyskE, FC København
• Born in Reykjavik, Ottesen came through the academy at local club Víkingur and made 36 Icelandic league appearances between 2001 and 2004 before moving to Sweden and Djurgården.
• Made only two league outings as the Stockholm team won the 2005 Allsvenskan but increased his game time over the next three seasons and also became an Icelandic international, winning his first cap in a friendly against Poland (3-2 loss) on 9 October 2005.
• Joined Danish outfit SønderjyskE in summer 2008 and helped them avoid relegation in his first season, making 27 appearances and scoring four goals; similarly influential in 2009/10 (27 appearances, two goals).
• Left SønderjyskE for Danish champions København in June 2010 and headed the goal against Rosenborg BK in the play-offs that earned the Lions a place in the UEFA Champions League group stage; scored his first league goal for FCK four days later in a 2-1 win at AC Horsens.
• Started each of Iceland's first two UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers, against Norway and Denmark, taking his number of caps to 14 by the end of 2010.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 08/12/2013 12:35 CET|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Iceland||2-0||Norway||40||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Slovenia||1-2||Iceland||90||0||0|
|14.08.2013||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Iceland||1-0||Faroe Islands||46||0||0|
|30.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Rostov||1-1||Ural||90||0||0|
|05.10.2013||Russian Premier League||Ural||0-2||Krasnodar||90||0||0|
|19.10.2013||Russian Premier League||Terek||1-1||Ural||90||0||0|
|26.10.2013||Russian Premier League||Ural||1-2||Zenit||90||0||0|
|03.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Anji||0-1||Ural||90||0||0|
|08.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Ural||1-4||Rostov||90||0||0|
|24.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Ural||1-1||Krylya Sovetov||90||0||0|
|30.11.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||3-0||Ural||90||0||0|
|06.12.2013||Russian Premier League||Zenit||2-1||Ural||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|