Clubs: Degerfors IF, Örgryte IS, Malmö FF, PSV Eindhoven, Stade Rennais FC
• As his name suggests, his roots are Finnish on his paternal side but he was born in the Swedish town of Degerfors and began his career with local club Degerfors IF in the second division.
• Switched to top-flight Örgryte IS in 2006 but despite his speedy adaptation to the higher league and a tally of six goals, he could not save the Gothenburg club from relegation.
• A Swedish youth international, he went on to score 13 goals in 28 appearances for the U21s, including three at the 2009 European finals; his first senior cap came in January 2007, in Venezuela, but there would be no competitive international outings for him at the higher level until the opening UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier against Hungary.
• Spent the 2007 and 2008 seasons with Malmö, scoring 14 Allsvenskan goals in the latter to alert the attention of foreign clubs, one of which, PSV, acquired him for €4.5m in January 2009.
• Scored six times in the Eredivisie in his first half-season followed by 13, 15 and, in 2011/12, a career-best league tally of 18, which was supplemented by a goal in PSV's 3-0 Dutch Cup triumph against Heracles Almelo.
• His fourth international goal – on his 19th appearance – was his most important to date as it proved to be the winner in the team's final UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier, at home to the Netherlands, the 3-2 victory enabling Sweden to clinch their place at the finals as the best runner-up.
• Appeared twice at UEFA EURO 2012 but could not help Sweden progress through the group stage before returning to PSV to score eight goals in 17 appearances in 2012/13.
• Transferred to Rennes in January 2014, scoring seven goals in 15 appearances before the end of the season.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 29/04/2016 14:40 CET|
|04.09.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Sweden||2-0||Estonia||44||0||0|
|09.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Sweden||1-1||Russia||57||1||0|
|31.03.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Sweden||3-1||Iran||44||1||0|
|08.06.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Norway||0-0||Sweden||27||0||0|
|14.06.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Sweden||3-1||Montenegro||1||0||0|
|08.08.2015||French Ligue 1||Bastia||2-1||Rennes||16||0||0|
|29.08.2015||English Premier League||Aston Villa||2-2||Sunderland||45||0||1|
|05.09.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Russia||1-0||Sweden||45||0||0|
|13.09.2015||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-1||Tottenham||81||0||0|
|19.09.2015||English Premier League||Bournemouth||2-0||Sunderland||90||0||0|
|22.09.2015||English League Cup||Third round||Sunderland||1-4||Man. City||90||1||0|
|26.09.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||3-0||Sunderland||70||0||0|
|03.10.2015||English Premier League||Sunderland||2-2||West Ham||84||0||0|
|12.10.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Sweden||2-0||Moldova||33||0||0|
|25.10.2015||English Premier League||Sunderland||3-0||Newcastle||36||0||0|
|07.11.2015||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-1||Southampton||45||0||0|
|05.12.2015||English Premier League||Arsenal||3-1||Sunderland||62||0||0|
|12.12.2015||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-1||Watford||90||0||0|
|19.12.2015||English Premier League||Chelsea||3-1||Sunderland||45||0||0|
|02.01.2016||English Premier League||Sunderland||3-1||Aston Villa||10||0||1|
|09.01.2016||English FA Cup||Third round||Arsenal||3-1||Sunderland||90||0||0|
|13.02.2016||English Premier League||Sunderland||2-1||Man. United||5||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|