A tricky Brazilian forward who does his best work just off the main striker, Jussiê is renowned for his dribbling skills and the accuracy of his delivery with a dead ball. He showed potential with Cruzeiro EC before moving to France, where he has enjoyed success with RC Lens and FC Girondins de Bordeaux.
• Started career with Cruzeiro, but competition for places led to his departure, on loan, to Japanese club Kashiwa Reysol in 2003.
• Returned to Cruzeiro the following year, scoring 12 goals in 41 games, before moving to France, joining Lens in January 2005.
• After two generally fruitful years in northern France, during which he made his European debut in the UEFA Cup, he joined Bordeaux, initially on loan, winning the League Cup shortly after his arrival.
• Only partially involved in 2008/09 Ligue 1 triumph − his first start was not until January.
• Scored the winning goal away to Maccabi Haifa FC on his only start in the group stage of the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League.
Did you know?
Jussiê is said to have left Lens for Bordeaux because he could not adapt to the wintry climate in northern France.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|