Clubs: Cambridge United FC, Everton FC, Walsall FC (loan), Rushden & Diamonds FC (loan), Chester City FC (loan), Stockport County FC (loan), Wrexham FC (loan), Bristol City FC (loan), Crewe Alexandra FC (loan), Motherwell FC (loan), Norwich City FC
Uncapped at international level when he was summoned by new England manager Roy Hodgson for UEFA EURO 2012, John Ruddy earned his call-up thanks to an outstanding 2011/12 Premier League campaign with Norwich City FC in which he was repeatedly one of the best goalkeepers on view.
• Started his career with local club Cambridge United FC, keeping a clean sheet and saving a penalty on his league debut, but was unable to rescue the club from relegation out of the Football League in his first full campaign (2004/05).
• Joined top-flight Everton FC at 18 but made only one substitute appearance for the Merseyside club – in February 2006 against Blackburn Rovers FC – over the next five seasons; instead he was farmed out on loan to a succession of lower-division clubs, including two spells at Stockport County FC and a 19-match stint in 2008/09 at Crewe Alexandra FC.
• Spent the whole of the 2009/10 season at Scottish Premier League outfit Motherwell FC, making 34 league appearances plus two in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League against FC Steaua Bucureşti, conceding six goals over the two legs.
• Finally left Everton for good in 2010, joining Norwich, for whom he made 45 starts in the second tier to help the Norfolk club win promotion to the Premier League.
• Missed just one league game again in 2011/12 as Norwich exceeded expectations by finishing 12th in the Premier League; voted the club's player of the season by his team-mates, earning selection to England's UEFA EURO 2012 squad though a broken finger ended his hopes of going to the tournament.
• First choice for Norwich throughout the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons, but was unable to prevent the Canaries' relegation from the Premier League in the latter.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 12/05/2014 06:47 CET|
|15.08.2012||Friendlies 2014-16||First round||England||2-1||Italy||44||0||0|
|17.08.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||2-2||Everton||90||0||0|
|24.08.2013||English Premier League||Hull||1-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|31.08.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||1-0||Southampton||90||0||0|
|14.09.2013||English Premier League||Tottenham||2-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|21.09.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||0-1||Aston Villa||90||0||0|
|29.09.2013||English Premier League||Stoke||0-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|06.10.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||1-3||Chelsea||90||0||0|
|19.10.2013||English Premier League||Arsenal||4-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|26.10.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||0-0||Cardiff||90||0||0|
|02.11.2013||English Premier League||Man. City||7-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|09.11.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||3-1||West Ham||90||0||0|
|23.11.2013||English Premier League||Newcastle||2-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|30.11.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||1-0||Crystal Palace||90||0||0|
|04.12.2013||English Premier League||Liverpool||5-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|07.12.2013||English Premier League||West Brom||0-2||Norwich||90||0||0|
|15.12.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||1-1||Swansea||90||0||0|
|21.12.2013||English Premier League||Sunderland||0-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|26.12.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||1-2||Fulham||90||0||0|
|28.12.2013||English Premier League||Norwich||0-1||Man. United||90||0||0|
|01.01.2014||English Premier League||Crystal Palace||1-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|11.01.2014||English Premier League||Everton||2-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|18.01.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||1-0||Hull||90||0||0|
|28.01.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||0-0||Newcastle||90||0||0|
|01.02.2014||English Premier League||Cardiff||2-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|08.02.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||0-0||Man. City||90||0||0|
|11.02.2014||English Premier League||West Ham||2-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|02.03.2014||English Premier League||Aston Villa||4-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|08.03.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||1-1||Stoke||90||0||0|
|15.03.2014||English Premier League||Southampton||4-2||Norwich||90||0||0|
|22.03.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||2-0||Sunderland||90||0||0|
|29.03.2014||English Premier League||Swansea||3-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|05.04.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||0-1||West Brom||90||0||0|
|12.04.2014||English Premier League||Fulham||1-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|20.04.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||2-3||Liverpool||90||0||0|
|26.04.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||4-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|04.05.2014||English Premier League||Chelsea||0-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|11.05.2014||English Premier League||Norwich||0-2||Arsenal||90||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|