Nickname: Pyvovary (The Brewers)
UEFA club competition honours
• Established as FC Zmina at a well-known school going by the same name, the club entered Ukraine's third tier in 1994/95. They had several name changes before becoming FC Obolon in 2001.
• After promotion to the second tier in 1999, the club were relegated before a new backer, a brewery, arrived in 2001 and brought immediate success. Obolon made their top-flight debut in 2002/03.
• The Brewers finished sixth in 2003/04, their highest league finish, yet that joy was short-lived and 15th place the following campaign meant they slipped back into the second tier.
• The north Kyiv outfit returned to the top flight in 2009/10 and never looked threatened by relegation, finishing in a respectable 11th position.
• Serhiy Kovalets guided the Brewers to tenth in 2010/11, a season which included home and away victories over champions FC Shakhtar Donetsk, but was sacked the following November as Obolon suffered relegation.
Most appearances: Pavlo Kutas (106)†
Most goals: Vyacheslav Tereschenko (21)
Record victories: 3-0 three times, also Obolon 4-1 FC Metalurh Zaporizhia (Premier League, 03/10/2009)
Record defeat: Obolon 0-7 FC Dynamo Kyiv (Premier League, 11/11/2004)
† Top-flight only
* Last updated 14 May 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.