Which Product do I need to buy?
I want to turn my drills into animations
- Animations can be saved, recalled and emailed/shared with other TactX users.
I want to buy a number of animator licenses for my team
- If you would like to buy more than one animator license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to turn my drills into videos for use in presentations
- Create videos of TactX Drills
- Available in a number of formats
- Can be used for private presentations
- Not internet reliant - use in clubs, hotels and anywhere else
- Videos are compatible with PC's, Macs, iPhones, iPods and other devices
I want to publish TactX drills on my website/on a DVD/in a book
- Prices available on request from email@example.com
- Some clubs, organisations and commercial agents want to use TactX in websites, broadcast and DVD. A publishing license to use TactX on public websites, DVD, broadcast and other commercial activities, can be purchased from us.
How do I purchase TactX?
- Login or create a uefa.com account. This can be done at the top of the page by clicking 'Login' or 'Register'
- Please find the subscribe options on the right hand side of the page
- Choose the option that you require and you will be taken to the WorldPay site
- Choose your currency and click on the card type that you are going to use
- You will then be asked to either login or create an account and enter your payment details, then click 'Make Payment'
- Once your account is created and your payment you will be returned to the TactX page where you should see the Animator tab. Click on this link to load the TactX software.
Is there an offline version available?
- TactX is based purely online to allow for users to access their subscription from any PC with the minimum specifications. As a result, there is no offline version, however, the TactX Video Exporter is available, which can be used to create videos of your drills. These drills can then be played on a multitude of different mediums, such as PCs, Mac computers, iPhones, iPads and iTouch iPods. These videos can be played offline, which allow users to show TactX in situations and areas when internet is not available. Drills are still required to be produced online but can be played offline.
Can I share my drills with my players?
There is a range of options for users who wish to share their drills with their players.
- Share drills with players who do not have a TactX subscription through TactX Board. You will then be able to share password protected TactX drills, videos, pictures and notes with them through this platform.
- Players can have their own TactX subscription
a. Still share drills through the TactX Board
b. Send TactX files by email for them to access
- The third option would be to purchase a TactX Video Exporter Tool to:
a. Create an unlimited amount of videos of your own drills.
b. Use videos in private (non-commercial/non-public) presentations to players and other coaches.
c. Play videos offline and on other devices such as Macs, iPhone and iPads.
What is the minimum specification for TactX?
- TactX requires the following specification to run:
a) A PC with Microsoft Windows XP or above
b) Processor: 2GHz (3GHz recommended)
c) RAM: 1024MB
d) Video Card: 256MB RAM
e) Software: Java 1.6 (most up to date version is recommended)
Does TactX run on Apple Mac computers?
- TactX relies on Java technology that is currently not currently fully supported on the Mac OS X operating system. Therefore TactX does not work on Apple Mac computers. VM software such as Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion that run Windows within OS X should be able to run TactX.
My computer fits the minimum specification, is there anything else I need?
- Java - Please ensure that you have the latest Java installed on your PC, which can be downloaded from www.java.com.
What can I expect to see when I run TactX for the first time?
- When you first start to load TactX a loading screen will appear with the LWJGL logo and a loading bar
- Once this loading page has disappeared you will be left with a white screen, which indicates that TactX is in the final loading stages. The duration of this loading time will vary depending on PC specification and internet connection speed. Please be aware that the loading time is the longest for the first login, after which the information will be stored in your cache allowing for quicker load times.
- Once loading is complete you should see a birds-eye view of a football pitch – you are now able to start creating your drills.
I've been on the white screen for 20 minutes, is this normal?
- Most users find that their TactX is loaded up within the first few minutes, however there can be occasions when it may take slightly longer. During this time please make sure that you don't click on any links or refresh the page.
- This time should be greatly reduced on all future loadings as the information will be stored in your computer's cache memory
◊How long will it take to learn how to use the software?
- It is recommended that you take some time to go through the user guide to appreciate the attributes of TactX fully, which may take a couple of hours. After that, practice makes perfect.
I tried to load TactX but nothing happens
- If you login and think that TactX is not loading please follow these steps below. Please note it is advised that you clear your cache (temporary internet files) and cookies after any changes made; this will allow you to check if your changes have resolved your issue.
Deleting your cache and cookies differs depending on your browser. Please follow the below instructions for each browser:
o Tools Menu
o General Tab
o Ensure that temporary files and cookies are checked
o Click 'OK'
o At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox menu, and select Options...
o Select the Privacy panel
o Click on the clear recent history link under the History section
o Make sure that Cache and Cookies are selected as a minimum and click on Clear Now
o Click 'OK'
o Click the Tools menu
o Select Options
o Click the Under the Hood tab
o Click Clear browsing data
o Select the checkboxes for cache and cookies
o Use the "Clear data from this period" menu to select the amount of data that you want to delete
o Click Clear browsing data
Apple Safari for Windows
o Select the Edit menu
o Reset Safari
o Check the clear history and cookies boxes
- Does your PC meet the required minimum specification?
o Microsoft Windows XP
o 2GHz or higher processor
o 1024MB RAM
o Java 1.6 update 23 or later
o TactX requires your PC to meet this specification; otherwise TactX will be unable to run on your PC.
Please note that, TactX is currently not Mac compatible, so if you are running TactX on Mac OSX please try logging in on a PC.
o Please ensure that your PC is running the latest version of Java. This can be done at www.java.com
o Once you have ensured your Java is up to date please also ensure that your computer is not blocking third party cookies. To do this please go in to your internet browser's internet options and amend (this can usually be found under the security options).
I can see the TactX field, however there appears to be something wrong with the graphics
- If you have any issues with the graphical display with TactX and your graphics cards meets the minimum specification (256MB RAM), it is advised that you check that your driver is up to date.
- To check your graphics card please follow these steps:
o Click on the start menu
o Click 'Run' (type run into the searchbox in Windows Vista/7 then click on the Run program)
o Enter 'dxdiag' in the 'Open' box and click 'Ok'
o The DirectX diagnostics program will now appear. Click on the Display tab to see your graphics card specification.
- Your graphics card manufacturer will be listed here. To update the drivers, go to the manufacturers website and download the latest update for your card.
- If you have any questions regarding your graphics card please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TactX is running quite slowly
- TactX can run quite slowly if you have other applications running at the same time. To ensure the optimum performance from TactX it is suggested that you do not run any other applications whilst running TactX. Also, please ensure that your PC meets the minimum spec above.