UEFA has released details of the revenue to be expected from this season's UEFA Europa League.
Based on sales to date, gross commercial revenue from the 2012/13 UEFA Europa League is estimated at about €225m. Some 75% of the gross revenue from media rights and commercial contracts will go to the clubs involved from the group stage onwards, with the remaining 25% reserved for European football and staying with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs. Based on that gross income of €225m, the share for distribution to the clubs will amount to €168.75m.
In addition, the UEFA Executive Committee has approved a further contribution of €40m to the UEFA Europa League club share, with funding provided by the UEFA Champions League clubs and UEFA shares – meaning a total net UEFA Europa League club share of €208.75m.
The net amount available to the participating clubs will be split – €125.25m in fixed payments, and €83.5m in variable amounts (market pool) which will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Europa League (group stage onwards).
Each of the 48 clubs that feature in the group stage can expect to receive a group stage fee of €1.3m. There will also be performance bonuses of €200,000 for every win and €100,000 for every draw in the group stage. Moreover, qualification bonuses will be allotted to the teams that progress to the round of 32: the 12 group winners can anticipate earning €400,000 apiece and the runners-up €200,000.
With regard to the knockout phase, sides competing in the round of 32 will collect €200,000 each, clubs in the round of 16 €350,000, the quarter-finalists €450,000 and the semi-finalists €1m. The UEFA Europa League winners will pick up €5m and the runners-up €2.5m.
A team could receive, at best, €9.9m from playing in this season's competition – not counting the market pool share.
Each club figuring in the first and/or second and/or third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League will get €100,000 per round even if they qualify for the UEFA Europa League group stage. In addition, every side eliminated in the UEFA Europa League play-offs will be allocated €100,000.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.