The teams receive payments in proportion to their progress in European club football's major competition. Champions League winners Liverpool FC receive €30.6m, while runners-up AC Milan collect €26m. English sides fared well in financial terms, Chelsea FC taking €28m and Arsenal FC €23m, on account of their high market pool share.
The distribution of the revenue generated by UEFA from television rights, sponsorship deals and new media contracts is split among the participating clubs according to fixed amounts including a starting bonus (€1.62m), a match bonus in group games (€324,000), a performance bonus in group matches (€324,000 per win, €162,000 per draw), a knockout round bonus (€1.62m), a quarter-final bonus (€1.95m), a semi-final bonus (€2.6m) and then €3.9m for the runner-up and €6.5m for the winner.
According to the 2004/05 regulations, 75 per cent of the total revenue received from TV and commercial contracts concluded by UEFA, up to a maximum of €520m, will go to the clubs, while the remaining 25 per cent is reserved for European football and remains with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs, as well as to make solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues.
The regulations also specify that 82 per cent of any revenue received in excess of the €520m will go to the participating clubs, with the remaining 18 per cent allocated to UEFA for European football. In addition, 50 per cent of the revenue received from new media contracts concluded by UEFA will also be available for distribution to the clubs, and the remaining 50 per cent will be allocated to European football.
Added to this is the market pool, which is distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part, and is split among the number of teams participating from a given association.
Click here to view the distribution table.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.