Lucescu criticised the club's board earlier this week after they fined players in the wake of last weekend's defeat by MKE Ankaragücü - a move which the Romanian called "unacceptable".
Ready to apologise
After a meeting with Lucescu on Thursday, however, club officials said the coach was ready to apologise. "We have learned that he said 'if necessary I am ready to apologise'," said Galatasaray vice-chairman Fatih Altayli. "That was enough for us and we have decided to continue with him."
Champions League progress
Altayli has dismissed the possibility of former coach Fatih Terim returning to the club to replace Lucescu. The Romanian has taken the Istanbul side to the second group stage of the UEFA Champions League this season after leading them to the quarter-finals last year. He took over following Terim's departure for Italy's AC Fiorentina in the summer of 2000.
Dismissed by Milan
Terim's stay in Serie A was dogged by problems. After less than a season at Fiorentina, he lasted only four months at Milan AC where he was dismissed in November.
Hakan set to leave
Meanwhile, Hakan Ünsal looks to have played his last game for Galatasaray after failing to agree a new deal with the Istanbul club. However, Bülent Akin has agreed a two-year extension to his contract.
Training with reserves
Hakan, whose contract is up in January, appears poised for a move away from Turkey. Galatasaray board member Abdurrahim Albayrak said the club respected the defender's decision: "He will probably leave in the winter break and he will start training with the reserves as from Thursday."
Bülent's new deal
In contrast, Bülent's current deal had been due to run out in the summer but he has now pledged his future to Galatasaray.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.