• Matchday eight marked Milan's 350th game in UEFA competition.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Milan have conceded 11 goals, more than any other team still involved.
• Zlatan Ibrahimović has been caught offside 16 times, more than any other player, while he has committed 22 fouls, the highest total of anyone still in the competition.
• Mark van Bommel serves a one-game ban in the first leg; Antonio Nocerino's next booking will incur a suspension.
Latest domestic information
• Saturday 24 March: AC Milan 2-1 AS Roma (Ibrahimović 53pen 83; Osvaldo 44)
Abbiati; Bonera, Mexès, Thiago Silva (Zambrotta 10), Mesbah; Nocerino, Ambrosini, Muntari; Emanuelson (Boateng 55); Ibrahimović, El Shaarawy (Aquilani 86).
• Ibrahimović struck his 11th penalty in as many attempts this season as Milan made it three wins in four games.
• The Sweden striker took his tally to 29 goals in all competitions for the club this season, equalling his best return set with FC Internazionale Milano in 2008/09. He has scored 25 goals in his last 26 appearances for Milan.
• The Rossoneri have the best away record in Serie A; they have won ten out of 15 on their travels this season, and nine in 14 at home.
• Milan's Coppa Italia bid ended at Juventus on 20 March. Djamel Mesbah's first goal for the club helped make it 2-1 on the night, 3-3 on aggregate, but Mirko Vučinić's extra-time strike took the hosts through to the final.
• Nocerino struck in Milan's 2-0 victory against US Lecce on 11 March, and has scored nine goals in 27 league appearances since joining Milan last summer. He had managed six in 149 Serie A games before this season.
• Milan's haul of one win and two draws from their first five league games represented the worst start to a Serie A defence since SSC Napoli in 1990/91.
• Thiago Silva went off with a thigh injury early on against Roma, a game Van Bommel missed with a back problem.
• Kevin-Prince Boateng (out since 15 February) and Alessandro Nesta (4 February) were on the bench on Saturday on their comeback from thigh problems, with Boateng coming on in the second half. Clarence Seedorf was also on the bench in his second game back from a similar knock suffered on 15 February.
• Pato (25 February) and Ignazio Abate (15 March) remain sidelined by thigh injuries, and Milan's injury list also includes Robinho (ankle, 14 March) and Alexander Merkel (knee, 26 January).
• Gennaro Gattuso, out since 9 September after being diagnosed with sixth nerve palsy, returned to action on 17 March. He, Antonio Cassano (heart, out since 29 October) and Mathieu Flamini (knee ligaments, 21 August) are all ineligible for the UEFA Champions League.
• On 12 March, former Milan and Italy playmaker Gianni Rivera received the 2011 UEFA President's Award, a tribute to outstanding achievements, professional excellence and exemplary personal qualities.
• Barcelona have scored 794 goals in UEFA competition, conceding 399.
• Lionel Messi became the first player to score five goals in a UEFA Champions League match in the second leg against Bayer 04 Leverkusen.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Barcelona scored 20 goals in the group stage, equalling a record set by Manchester United FC in 1998/99; their eight-match total of 30 goals is more than any other club in this season's competition.
• Barça have had more shots wide (67) and won more corners (54) than any other team in the last eight. They have committed the fewest fouls (78) and collected the fewest yellow cards (10).
• Messi is the competition's top scorer with 12 goals. He has also had more shots on goal (26) than any other player, while his tally of 21 shots wide is more than anyone still involved.
• Carles Puyol's next booking will incur a suspension.
Latest domestic information
• Saturday 24 March: RCD Mallorca 0-2 FC Barcelona (Messi 25, Piqué 79)
Valdés; Piqué, Mascherano, Puyol; Thiago Alcántara, Fàbregas (Montoya 60), Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro (Keita 69); Messi, Sánchez (Tello 82).
• Thiago Alcántara was sent off for the first time in his professional career on 56 minutes as Barcelona claimed a ninth successive win in all competitions.
• With Daniel Alves suspended and Adriano and Éric Abidal ruled out, Josep Guardiola opted for a three-man defence.
• Barcelona have now scored 152 goals in all competitions this team, as many as in the whole of last season.
• Barça have lost two of their last 56 games – 3-2 at CA Osasuna on 11 February, 1-0 at Getafe CF on 26 November.
• Messi has scored in each of his last nine games for club and country, 21 goals in all, including one five-goal haul, one four-goal haul and two hat-tricks.
• Messi became Barcelona's leading scorer on 20 March, moving two goals beyond César Rodríguez (232) after hitting his eighth hat-trick of the season in a 5-3 Liga victory against Granada CF.
• He has scored 60 goals in 53 games this term for club and country; his 55 for Barcelona is two more than he managed in 2010/11. Messi's 35 Liga goals this season is a new club record, surpassing Ronaldo's 34-goal mark from 1996/97.
• Xavi Hernández has scored 14 goals this season in all competitions; his previous best was ten, set in 2008/09.
• Barcelona are 51 games unbeaten at home, winning 44 since a 2-0 loss to Hércules CF on 11 September 2010.
• Guardiola's charges will meet Athletic Club in the Copa del Rey final in Madrid on 25 May.
• Barcelona went 1,112 minutes without conceding a goal at home, keeping a club record 12 clean sheets and scoring 55 without reply at the Camp Nou, before Rubén Castro struck for Real Betis Balompié on 15 January.
• Barça have won three trophies this season: the UEFA Super Cup (2-0 v FC Porto), Spanish Super Cup (5-4 on agg v Real Madrid CF) and FIFA Club World Cup (4-0 v Santos FC).
• Adriano did not feature on Saturday after suffering a thigh strain against Granada.
• Thiago started against Granada, his first appearance in a month because of a right shin problem.
• On 15 March it was announced that Abidal will have a liver transplant over the coming weeks.
• David Villa could miss the rest of the season after breaking his left leg at the Club World Cup on 15 December. Andreu Fontàs will not feature until 2012/13 after tearing knee ligaments on 12 January.
• Ibrahim Afellay, who suffered a knee ligament injury in September, returned to training on 16 February.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.