UEFA Champions League statistics
• This is Málaga's first game in the European Cup. They are one of three clubs making their debut in the group stage this season, along with Montpellier Hérault SC and FC Nordsjælland.
• Nacho Monreal picked up his ninth senior cap in Spain's 5-0 friendly win at home to Saudi Arabia on 7 September.
• Isco was among the scorers in La Roja's 6-0 victory against Croatia in UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying on 10 September.
• Carlos Kameni played as Cameroon lost 2-0 away to Cape Verde in the first leg of their 2013 Africa Cup of Nations second round qualifier on 8 September.
• Roque Santa Cruz started Paraguay's 3-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying defeat in Argentina on 7 September.
Javier Saviola (SL Benfica)
Roque Santa Cruz (Manchester City FC, loan)
Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Clube de Portugal)
Manuel Iturra (Real Murcia CF)
Santi Cazorla (Arsenal FC)
José Rondón (FC Rubin Kazan)
Joris Mathijsen (Feyenoord)
Enzo Maresca (UC Sampdoria)
Apoño (Real Zaragoza)
Edinho (A. Académica de Coimbra, loan)
Sandro Silva (Cruzeiro EC, loan)
Martínez Rubén (Rayo Vallecano, loan)
Hélder Rosário (released)
Javi López (released)
Iván González (released)
Ruud van Nistelrooy (retired)
• Aged 16 years and 98 days, Fabrice became the youngest scorer in Liga history when he struck the only goal against RC Celta de Vigo on 18 August.
• Málaga's fourth-placed finish last term was their highest ever in the Liga. The team's previous best of seventh was achieved in 1970/71 and 1973/74.
• The Costa del Sol side finished 2011/12 with 58 points, beating their previous top-flight best of 56, registered in 2000/01.
• Striker Júlio Baptista is a long-term absentee with an Achilles problem.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Eleven Zenit players were on duty for their national teams in early September: Aleksandr Anyukov, Igor Denisov, Roman Shirokov, Vladimir Bystrov, Viktor Fayzulin, Aleksandr Kerzhakov (Russia), Luka Djordjević (Montenegro), Bruno Alves (Portugal), Tomáš Hubočan (Slovakia), Axel Witsel (Belgium) and Hulk (Brazil).
• Shirokov converted a penalty in Russia's 2-0 home victory over Northern Ireland in their opening 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier on 7 September. Fayzulin scored the other goal and found the net again against Israel (4-0) four days later. Kerzhakov took his international tally to 21 with two goals in Ramat Gan.
• Anyukov (ankle) and Bystrov (concussion) were both forced off against Israel.
• Djordjević opened the scoring on his Montenegro debut, a 6-0 qualifying win against San Marino on 11 September.
• Bruno Alves was on target as Portugal won 3-0 against Azerbaijan in qualifying on the same day.
• Hulk registered for Brazil in friendlies against South Africa (1-0) and China (8-0).
Axel Witsel (SL Benfica)
Hulk (FC Porto)
Luka Djordjević (FK Mogren)
Renat Yanbaev (FC Lokomotiv Moskva, loan)
Alessandro Rosina (AC Siena)
Szabolcs Huszti (Hannover 96)
Eugene Starikov (FC Rostov, loan)
Dmitri Borodin (released)
• Witsel, Hulk and Yanbaev made their competitive debuts for Zenit on Friday in a 2-0 home defeat by FC Terek Grozny. Sergei Semak came on as a substitute on his return from five weeks out with a hamstring injury.
• Danny has not featured since rupturing cruciate knee ligaments on 5 February.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.