UEFA Champions League statistics
• Celtic FC's 3-2 win at Spartak on matchday two was their first in 21 away games in the UEFA Champions League.
• Juan Insaurralde serves a one-game ban following his red card on matchday two.
• Five Spartak players were on senior international duty: Dmitri Kombarov (Russia), Aiden McGeady (Republic of Ireland), Kim Källström (Sweden), Jano Ananidze (Georgia) and Emmanuel Emenike (Nigeria). Kombarov played all of Russia's 1-0 FIFA World Cup qualifying victory over Portugal at the Luzhniki Stadium on 12 October while half-time substitute Källström provided two assists as Sweden came from four down to draw 4-4 with Germany four days later.
• Emenike started Nigeria's 6-1 win against Liberia on 13 October, a victory which wrapped up an 8-3 aggregate triumph and secured the Super Eagles' place at the 2013 African Cup of Nations.
• Pavel Yakovlev ruptured ligaments in his right knee during the first leg of Russia's UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off triumph against the Czech Republic on 12 October.
• Insaurralde's 94th-minute own goal consigned Spartak to a 2-1 defeat by FC Anji Makhachkala on Saturday, their third successive defeat. That represents their worst run since November 2009.
• Saturday marked the 30th anniversary of the Lenin Stadium disaster in which a reported total of more than 300 people died towards the end of the UEFA Cup second round game between Spartak and HFC Haarlem. The Anji game was preceded by a minute's silence while Spartak players entered the pitch in T-shirts bearing the words 'We remember'. Fans at the match replaced all their usual banners with ones bearing the legend 'We remember' while survivors of the disaster, fans and directors of Spartak's official fan club laid flowers at the memorial at the Luzhniki Stadium. Saturday also featured the fifth annual Memory Cup amateur tournament.
• Romulo will miss the UEFA Champions League group stage after being ruled out for six months with a torn anterior cruciate knee ligament sustained during the 3-1 win against FC Rostov on 23 September. Sergei Parshivlyuk and Soslan Gatagov are expected to be out until the new year after suffering knee ligament injuries in the summer.
• This season Spartak won their first three league games for only the fourth time. On the previous three occasions, in 1994, 1997 and 1999, they went on to win the title.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Benfica have committed 43 fouls; more than any other team in the group stage.
• Benfica have scored 348 goals in the European Cup.
• Luisão is banned until 14 November following an incident involving the referee against Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895 in an August friendly. Bruno César and Nemanja Matić will incur a suspension with their next yellow cards.
• Benfica are in a third successive group stage campaign, equalling a club record set between 2005 and 2007.
• Four Benfica players were on senior international duty last week: Matić (Serbia), Ezequiel Garay, Enzo Peréz (Argentina) and Maxi Pereira (Uruguay). Pereira's Uruguay and an Argentina side featuring Garay went head-to-head in FIFA World Cup qualifying on 12 October, with Argentina winning 3-0 in Mendoza.
• Rodrigo scored four goals in Spain's 5-0 win against Denmark in the first leg of their UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off on 11 October, a 3-1 second-leg triumph sending them through to next summer's finals.
• Paulo Lopes and Luisinho made debuts as Benfica beat second-tier SC Freamunde 4-0 in the Portuguese Cup third round on 18 October. Óscar Cardozo, out since 23 September with a thigh injury, made a goalscoring return.
• Jorge Jesus's team travelled to Abu Dhabi during the international break, Nolito scoring three goals in a 4-0 friendly win against Baniyas SC.
• Rodrigo agreed a four-year contract extension on 23 August, keeping him with the Eagles until summer 2019. He has a €45m release clause.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.