UEFA Champions League statistics
• Burak Yılmaz has this season become the first Turkish player to represent four different clubs in the UEFA Champions League. He had previously featured for Beşiktaş JK, Fenerbahçe SK and Trabzonspor AŞ.
• Felipe Melo's next yellow card will incur a ban.
• There were 13 Galatasaray players on senior international duty last week: Aydın Yılmaz, Burak, Hakan Balta, Emre Çolak, Hamit Altıntop, Selçuk İnan, Semih Kaya, Umut Bulut (Turkey), Johan Elmander (Sweden), Emmanuel Eboué (Ivory Coast), Dany Nounkeu (Cameroon), Fernando Muslera (Uruguay) and Nordin Amrabat (Morocco).
• Burak (hip), Hakan (groin) and Selçuk (thigh) missed Turkey's FIFA World Cup qualifiers because of injury.
• Emre Çolak made his senior Turkey debut in the 1-0 qualifying defeat by Romania on 12 October.
• Elmander was among the scorers as Sweden came from four down to draw 4-4 with Germany in qualifying on 16 October.
• Amrabat completed the scoring in added time on 13 October as Morocco beat Mozambique 4-0 to seal qualification for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
• Fatih Terim's side have gone four games without a win, Galatasaray's worst sequence since March/April 2011.
• Galatasaray's non-internationals lost 2-0 to Romanian side FC Petrolul Ploieşti in a friendly in Istanbul on 12 October.
• Galatasaray recently signed a partnership agreement with Russia's FC Alania Vladikavkaz.
• Two Umut goals and a last-minute Selçuk strike earned Galatasaray a 3-2 win against Fenerbahçe in the Turkish Super Cup on 12 August.
• Tomáš Ujfaluši is expected to miss the group stage after suffering knee ligament damage in training in September.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• CFR's 2-0 victory against SC Braga on matchday one was only the third time a Romanian side had won away from home in the UEFA Champions League group stage, following FC Steaua Bucureşti (4-1 at FC Dynamo Kyiv in 2006) and CFR (2-1 at AS Roma in 2008).
• CFR have scored 48 goals in UEFA competition.
• Matías Aguirregaray was called up for Uruguay's FIFA World Cup qualifiers but did not feature against Argentina or Bolivia.
• CFR lost 1-0 at home to FC Viitorul Constanţa on Thursday, despite the visitors being down to ten men for the last 30 minutes. It was their third successive defeat in all competitions, their worst sequence since losing four in a row between November 2004 and April 2005.
• Already on loan from US Città di Palermo, Aguirregaray completed a permanent transfer to CFR earlier this month, signing a four-year contract.
• Ioan Andone's side will host second-tier FC Botoşani in the Romanian Cup round of 16 on 31 October.
• CFR lost 4-2 on penalties to Romanian Cup holders FC Dinamo Bucureşti in the Super Cup on 14 July after a 2-2 draw.
• Ciprian Deac (knee ligaments), Adam Vass (broken foot), Bakary Sare (broken leg) and Ronny (ligaments) have all been left out of CFR's UEFA Champions League squad after picking up major injuries in the opening month of the season. Andone expects Vass back towards the end of October. Deac was involved in a friendly against CS Sănătatea Cluj as part of the inauguration of a new stadium in the local village of Sancraiu on 14 October.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.