UEFA Champions League statistics
• Alex Teixeira's goal on matchday three was the 100th Chelsea have conceded in the UEFA Champions League, group stage to final.
• Chelsea's 4-0 victory at FC Nordsjælland on matchday two was the fifth time the Blues have scored four or more goals in an away UEFA Champions League game.
• Chelsea became the fifth successive UEFA Champions League holders to draw on matchday one of the following season. As with the previous four, they won comfortably on matchday two.
• Before matchday one, Chelsea had only once previously let slip a two-goal lead in the UEFA Champions League, against AS Monaco FC in the 2004 semi-final.
• Victor Moses marked his first league start for Chelsea with a goal on Saturday in a 1-1 draw at Swansea City AFC. In 11 trips to Swansea, the Blues have managed just two victories.
• Daniel Sturridge marked his first start of the season with a goal in extra time as Chelsea beat Manchester United FC 5-4 in the League Cup last Wednesday. Eden Hazard's 94th-minute spot kick made it 3-3 and forced the additional half-hour for a Blues team that will now travel to Leeds United AFC in the quarter-finals on 19 December.
• It was the sides' second meeting in three days at Stamford Bridge after a 3-2 league defeat by Sir Alex Ferguson's men in which Branislav Ivanović (63) and Fernando Torres (68) were sent off. Coupled with the Shakhtar loss, it consigned Chelsea to their first back-to-back defeats since November 2011.
• Roberto Di Matteo is in the running to be named FIFA Coach of the Year, the winner of which will be announced on 7 January in Zurich. Didier Drogba, scorer of the decisive penalty in last season's final, is nominated for the FIFA Ballon d'Or award.
• Frank Lampard has not featured since aggravating a calf strain on matchday three.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• This is Shakhtar's 50th UEFA Champions League game, group stage to final.
• Matchday one ended Shakhtar's four-game winless run in the UEFA Champions League at the Donbass Arena. The Pitmen had lost two and drawn two since their 3-0 round of 16 triumph over AS Roma in March 2011.
• Fernandinho's goal on matchday three was Shakhtar's 250th in UEFA competition.
• Luiz Adriano has provided three assists, the joint highest total along with SC Braga's Éder.
• Tomáš Hübschman will incur a suspension with his next booking.
• Mircea Lucescu's side beat FC Metalurh Zaporizhya 2-0 on Saturday, their 23rd successive top-flight victory – a Ukrainian Premier League record. They are the first team to win the first 14 games of a Ukrainian top-flight season and their run of scoring in each of their last 33 league matches is also a national record.
• Shakhtar are 18 games unbeaten this season, winning 17.
• Henrik Mkhitaryan has scored 14 goals in 13 league games this term; already his best ever return for a season.
• Mkhitaryan missed a penalty on 31 October as Shakhtar won 4-1 at FC Hoverla Uzhgorod in the last 16 of the Ukrainian Cup. Alex Teixeira was on target for the third successive game, taking his season tally to ten in all competitions – matching his 2011/12 haul. He could not add to that as a substitute on Saturday.
• Shakhtar will host FC Karpaty Lviv in the quarter-finals on 17 April.
• Shakhtar beat FC Dynamo Kyiv 4-1 in the Ukrainian Cup on 23 September, a result which prompted the sacking of Dynamo coach Yuri Semin the following day.
• Shakhtar signed 24-year-old striker Maicon Oliveira, last season's 14-goal joint highest Premier League scorer, from FC Volyn Lutsk during the summer and loaned him to FC Zorya Luhansk.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.