UEFA Champions League statistics
• This is coach Paulo Sérgio's first game in the UEFA Champions League.
• The Romanian champions have scored 49 goals in UEFA competition.
• CFR have managed 12 shots on target, the lowest total in the group stage along with Arsenal FC and RSC Anderlecht.
• CFR's 2-0 victory against SC Braga on matchday one was only the third time a Romanian side had won away from home in the UEFA Champions League group stage, following FC Steaua Bucureşti (4-1 at FC Dynamo Kyiv in 2006) and CFR (2-1 at AS Roma in 2008).
• Matías Aguirregaray serves a one-game ban following his red card on matchday three; Rafael Bastos' next booking will incur a suspension.
• Ioan Andone parted company with the club after matchday three and Paulo Sérgio was unveiled as his successor on 30 October in a deal that runs until the end of the season.
• He took charge of his first game on Saturday having watched from the stands on 31 October as CFR won 2-0 at home against second-tier FC Botoşani to advance to the Romanian Cup quarter-finals.
• That gave assistant Francisc Dican two victories out of two as interim boss, having also overseen a 3-1 league triumph at struggling CS Turnu Severin on 27 October.
• CFR claimed their biggest win of the season on Saturday, beating FC Braşov 5-0 in Paulo Sérgio's first game in charge. Rafael Bastos was replaced in the first half with a muscle injury while Modou Sougou missed out altogether with a similar problem.
• There are eight Lusophones in CFR's UEFA Champions League squad: six Portuguese and two Brazilians.
• CFR suffered three successive defeats in all competitions in October, their worst sequence since losing four in a row between November 2004 and April 2005.
• Already on loan from US Città di Palermo, Aguirregaray completed a permanent transfer to CFR last month, signing a four-year contract.
• Ciprian Deac (knee ligaments), Adam Vass (broken foot), Bakary Sare (broken leg) and Ronny (ligaments) have been left out of CFR's UEFA Champions League squad after picking up major injuries in the opening month of the season. Vass and Deac are back in training.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Burak Yılmaz has this season become the first Turkish player to represent four different clubs in the UEFA Champions League. He had previously featured for Beşiktaş JK, Fenerbahçe SK and Trabzonspor AŞ.
• Galatasaray have had 34 shots off target, more than any other side.
• Felipe Melo is banned after collecting yellow cards in each of the first three games. He is one of four players to have been booked three times so far.
• Johan Elmander will sit out matchday four after he was sidelined for at least six weeks with a right thigh tear suffered at CFR.
• Sabri Sarıoğlu made his first competitive outing of the season on matchday three.
• Ceyhun Gülselam made his first appearance of the campaign and Yekta Kurtuluş his first start as Galatasaray beat Kayserispor 3-0 on 27 October, ending a run of five games without a win. Cris got his maiden goal for the club.
• That sequence of five matches without a victory was Galatasaray's worst since March/April 2011.
• Emre Çolak made his senior Turkey debut in the 1-0 FIFA World Cup qualifying defeat by Romania on 12 October.
• Tomáš Ujfaluši is not in the UEFA Champions League squad after suffering knee ligament damage in training in September.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.