UEFA Champions League statistics
• Schalke have scored 248 goals in UEFA competition.
• Atsuto Uchida scored his first Bundesliga goal in his 51st appearance in the German top-flight on Saturday but could not prevent a 3-2 defeat at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim that ended Schalke's eight-match unbeaten run in all competitions.
• Ibrahim Afellay, Ciprian Marica and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar were on target as Schalke won 3-0 against second-tier SV Sandhausen 1916 in the German Cup second round on 30 October.
• Making his first appearance since 22 April, Christoph Metzelder was replaced at half-time against Sandhausen with an adductor injury.
• Julian Draxler returned from the broken left arm he sustained on matchday two by coming off the bench in the 1-0 home victory against 1. FC Nürnberg on 27 October.
• Aged 19 years five days, Draxler – Schalke's youngest debutant at the age of 17 years 117 days when he made his first appearance in January 2011 – became the youngest player to reach 50 Bundesliga appearances when he was introduced as a substitute in the 3-0 defeat of 1. FSV Mainz 05 on 25 September.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Arsenal have conceded 148 goals in the UEFA Champions League, group stage to final.
• The 2-0 loss to Schalke last time out was Arsenal's first in the group stage at home since September 2003.
• The Gunners have had 12 shots on target so far, the joint lowest total in the group stage along with CFR 1907 Cluj and RSC Anderlecht.
• Arsène Wenger completed a three-game touchline ban on matchday three.
• Arsenal lost 2-1 at Manchester United FC on Saturday, despite Wayne Rooney missing a first-half penalty, their misery compounded when Jack Wilshere was sent off on 69 minutes.
• It means the Gunners have picked up just 15 points in ten league games, their worst tally at this stage of the campaign since 1994/95, two seasons before Wenger arrived. They were only one point better off last term, though.
• Arsenal have conceded eight goals in their first ten Premier League fixtures; this time last season they had let in 21. However, the Gunners have scored just once in the opening 30 minutes in the English top flight this term, the worst record in the division.
• Gervinho has been ruled out of the Schalke game with an ankle injury suffered against Queens Park Rangers FC on 27 October.
• Wilshere (ankle) made his first competitive appearance in nearly 17 months when he started Arsenal's 1-0 home triumph against QPR. Bacary Sagna (out since 5 May, broken leg) returned to action in the same game.
• Trailing 4-0 after 37 minutes, the Gunners fought back to win 7-5 after extra time against Reading FC in the League Cup fourth round on 30 October. Theo Walcott scored a hat-trick at the Madejski Stadium, with Marouane Chamakh on target twice – his first goals for Arsenal since September 2011.
• The London club will visit fourth-tier Bradford City AFC in the quarter-finals on 11 December.
• Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored his first senior international goal as England defeated San Marino 5-0 in FIFA World Cup qualifying on 12 October.
• Łukasz Fabiański will miss the rest of the group stage after being ruled out for three months because of an ankle ligament injury sustained in training on 16 October.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.