UEFA Champions League statistics
• Lars Unnerstall, Benedikt Höwedes, Christian Fuchs and Roman Neustädter have played every minute of Schalke's group stage campaign.
• Joel Matip and Jermaine Jones will incur a suspension with their next bookings.
• Twelve Schalke players were on senior duty during the recent international break: Höwedes, Julian Draxler, Neustädter, Lewis Holtby (Germany), Ibrahim Afellay, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Netherlands), Tranquillo Barnetta (Switzerland), Jones (United States), Ciprian Marica (Romania), Matip (Cameroon), Teemu Pukki (Finland) and Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Greece).
• Neustädter made his debut as a late substitute in Germany's goalless draw with the Netherlands last Wednesday, when Höwedes, Holtby and Draxler also featured. Huntelaar was an unused substitute for the hosts in Amsterdam, while Afellay was replaced just before the hour because of a thigh problem.
• Pukki created the first goal as Finland defeated Cyprus 3-0 on the same evening, while Christoph Moritz captained Germany's U21 side in their 1-1 draw with Turkey.
• Papadopoulos was sent off on 82 minutes as Schalke lost 2-0 at Bayer 04 Leverkusen on Saturday.
• Schalke will host 1. FSV Mainz 05 in the German Cup third round on 18 December.
• Atsuto Uchida (right thigh) and Marco Höger (sprained ankle) have not featured since matchday four.
• The Royal Blues will hold a winter training camp in Qatar from 3 to 11 January.
• Christoph Metzelder's first appearance since 22 April was cut short by an adductor injury in the 3-0 win against second-tier SV Sandhausen 1916 in the German Cup second round on 30 October. He has not played since.
• At 19 years, five days, Draxler – Schalke's youngest debutant at 17 years, 117 days in January 2011 – became the youngest player to reach 50 Bundesliga appearances in the 3-0 defeat of 1. FSV Mainz 05 on 25 September.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Olympiacos have scored 149 goals in the European Cup, conceding 193.
• Giannis Maniatis, José Holebas and Kostas Manolas have played every minute of Olympiacos' group stage campaign.
• Holebas and Pablo Contreras will incur a suspension with their next bookings.
• Six Olympiacos players were on senior international duty last week: Vassilis Torossidis, Maniatis, Kostas Mitroglou, Holebas (Greece), Paulo Machado (Portugal) and Roy Carroll (Northern Ireland).
• Holebas' first international goal earned Greece a 1-0 friendly victory against the Republic of Ireland last Wednesday. Called up for the first time, Manolas withdrew from the squad with a right calf injury.
• Charalambos Lykogiannis was a substitute as Greece Under-21s drew 1-1 at home with Austria.
• Mitroglou has scored six goals in his last six club appearances. Holebas has scored four top-flight goals in 11 outings this term, one more than he managed in his first 47 league appearances for the Red and Whites.
• Giannis Fetfatzidis extended his contract until 2016 on 14 November.
• Olympiacos equalled the best start to a season in the professional era of the Greek top flight – nine wins and one draw, set by Panathinaikos FC in 1994/95 − when they triumphed 4-0 at AEK Athens FC on 11 November.
• Ariel Ibagaza (groin) and Tassos Papazoglou (dislocated shoulder) returned from over a month out at AEK.
• Avraam Papadopoulos will miss the group stage as he recovers from the left knee injury he suffered while playing for Greece in the opening match of UEFA EURO 2012.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.